1st churn, 1st post, need coupon code for icing on the cake

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by gallivant, Sep 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    Happy to be part of this community. Looking for a $150 or $200 bonus coupon code for opening a chase checking account with no direct deposit requirement. I was successful on a 3 card churn, with Starwood American Express, US Airways and Freedom card. Would like to link the later with chase checking account.

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    From the beautiful northwest woods, thanks for the link, mommy points. I read your blog often, But theres that pesky direct deposit . I wish for automatic checks but its not to be for a self employed rancher.

4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had an experience opening a Chase checking account with a $200 bonus coupon about 6 months ago. I opened it online with no problem, then made a transfer deposit, large enough to avoid monthly fees. A week later I got a letter from Chase "Revenue Department" advising that they would suspend the account indefinitely, and could not discuss the reason for that action. After my trip to a local Chase branch and hours on the phone, they eventually agreed to return the deposit and close the account. It still took them another month to mail me a check for the balance. Needless to say, the coupon was wasted

I have no idea how often this happens. I've heard many times of some shady practices going on at Chase. So take this as another data point.

harvson3 and marcwint55 like this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Back in the days of the US mint dollar deals, I made several deposits with Chase, who had taken over my bank. They not only closed my account which I had for over twenty years, but closed all my chase credit cards. That totally sucked as I liked the BA card for the free companion ticket.

I am a shareholder of JPM stock and I still think they totally suck.

harvson3 and MX like this.
  6. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just went into a small chase branch in Fred Meyers to see if they had any bonus coupons with no direct deposit. Apparently they are out there. They had none but were very nice and seemed to want to help , gave suggestions even. Looks to me you have to read the fine print carefully because most have direct deposit requirement. After all is said and done on the corporate level their banksters.

7. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I opened an account in person that didn't need a direct deposit to avoid fees if the balance is over $1500. Used my $200 coupon, and I plan to keep just about $1700 in it long term in order to get the Freedom 10% + 10pts (which, they told me, takes 1-3 billing cycles to become active).

They sent me multiple cards in the mail imploring me to open an account. I held out for a $200 offer, which finally showed up.

Of course, I've only had this open for two months, and haven't been shut down yet.:eek:

gallivant likes this.
  8. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was sent a $200 offer so I'll go in and see what they say. I do plan on keeping a high balance to avoid fees.