1k bonus for AA when should it post?

Discussion in 'Avis | First/Preferred' started by TrueBlueFlyer, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Changed my booking from Hertz to Avis in favor of the 1k AAdvantage miles bonus that was on offer. It's been over two months now and the miles have not posted. A few weeks earlier I called to inquire and was told it takes some time, but does it really take this much time?

2. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, Avis! Maybe they are hoping we will just die off![​IMG]
    With Avis, I would recommend the email through their website; not a phone call.

3. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It should always post together with the 50 miles you get for each day of rental. If you do not get it, you should call Avis and ask them to open an inquiry and get them to send the miles manually over to AA. Unless you are using an AWD that does not permit earning of FF miles, then that is a different case and you wouldn't get the bonus.

4. JAbrams72
    Original Member

JAbrams72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For me, every time with the 3K bonus this year it's either posted simultaneously with the base points or not at all. (And mostly the first.)

5. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    As of late, when ya get your receipt from the handheld it better have your total miles on it. That's bonus and regular. Otherwise, ya get what was on the receipt and an opportunity to fight for the rest. [​IMG]

6. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had called again the other day and was told a CS rep will try to apply for the bonus miles manually... once again it will take more time.

I booked the car thru AA.com, using their promo code, so I don't see how they screwed this up.

7. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep. I booked through AA.com, too!

8. Phineas
    Original Member

Phineas Silver Member

Status Points:
    don't book through AA.com, there lies your problem

book through AVIS to reduce the risk; I've had very few issues with Avis posting bonus miles whether it be AA,
    DL or some other FF Program but I ALWAYS go through Avis.com

2soonold likes this.
  9. rustyr
    Original Member

rustyr Active Member

Status Points:
    I've booked thru the AA link and have received the bonus all the time-it's on the receipt they give me and usually shows up within week in my AA account. Did you you get the standard 50 miles on your receipt?

10. slotownmomma
    Original Member

slotownmomma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bummer! I went to AA.com and got the code for 2,000 bonus miles but when I input it in at avis.com I get the error message that this location does not participate.
    Anyone have any other codes for bonus miles?