18 Months Of Hyatt Diamond Status For $600

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I gave Nick a bit of a hard time last week when he couldn't find any availability to use his Hyatt Visa anniversary free night at the Hyatt Olive 8 in Seattle. They were apparently blocking award night inventory for the entire summer. As an experiment, I called up the Diamond Line and asked them to contact the hotel directly on my behalf to request that they open up a room for me on points. They did and it worked. Some readers thought that I was being an elitist snob by calling in a special favor just to show him up. While that wasn't my intention at all, I can see how it may have appeared that way. In the end, Nick took my advice and was able to get get the hotel to open up a room for him on points. He was able to get this special favor even though he is only a Platinum. I was very happy for him and look forward to reading the review of his stay. He also changed the world for the better by getting them to open up award inventory. Anyway, I felt bad about it for a bit. So to make it up to him, this week I'm going to show him how he can become a Hyatt Diamond on the cheap by leveraging the many promotions that Hyatt is currently running. The post 18 Months Of Hyatt Diamond Status For $600 appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...