18 E/F or Any Seat in 9?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by garyst16, Jun 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I rarely sit in coach thanks to EXP status, but it appears I will be stuck in the back on my next LAX-DFW flight. Any suggestions on seating preference on a 75?

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    My personal preference has always been 10A. I like the leg room but also the ability to look out the window, sleep against the wall, etc. Getting up to use the rest room isn't an issue either since you can just sneak up your leg room area without making anyone get up.

Edited To Add: I flew in 10A from KOA-LAX recently which is an overnight flight. I fell asleep right after take off and woke up to find the woman seated in 10B had hijacked my leg room by sitting diagonally and shoving her feet in front of mine and slowly pushing my legs back against the seat. I'm a deep sleeper so apparently I slept through this whole episode. Needless to say, once I woke up and discovered all the mischief that was afoot, we had words and I ended up stretched out again. :D

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin and garyst16 like this.
  3. neuatomic
    Original Member

neuatomic Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will second that. I also prefer 10A/F for same reasons (leg room, window, leaning). And if I remember correctly, it's even possible to exit your seat by going straight and across row 9 without disturbing those folks. Nice little nook in Y.

But take heart! Twice this year when ExpertFlyer showed F0 and the EXP desk said it looked bad, and the Aangels said "looks bad" I got the upgrade. Still batting 1.000! Good luck

garyst16 likes this.
  4. KtownTraveler
    Original Member

KtownTraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depends on what defines a disturbance. That incursion can make some pax in row 9 go ballistic. If you search for appropriate thread(s) over on FT I think you'll see what I mean.

5. neuatomic
    Original Member

neuatomic Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can imagine that could be the case. I remember that I did it once, but I don't recall if there was anyone in 9D or not or even exactly how much room there is in front of row 9. I know I wouldn't have done it if I thought it would be particularly disturbing to the folk(s) in 9, but then again we all have our ideas of what's disturbing and what isn't. Guess it's a judgement call, like whether to toss the grenade back or jump out of the foxhole.

6. FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
    Original Member

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Haha. Interesting story.

I like row 18, because you get ample legroom and still get the under seat space for your luggage. Also, you don't make the person in 10B jealous enough that they may steal your legroom. ;)