$15 statement credit for $75 purchase at Walmart.com with an AMEX card

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by miles and smiles, Aug 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    You need to log onto your AMEX account and look under Offers For You. I found it under one of my cards, but not the other.
    Someone on Flyertalk reported that they got the $15 credit for buying a gift card on walmart.com within a couple days of making the purchase.

KathInJax, Andyandy, jwsky and 2 others like this.
  2. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    I ordered a $75 physical gift card on the first day the offer became available. I've already received the card in the mail and a few days ago the $15 AMEX credit posted at same time as the charge. Easy $.

MX and miles and smiles like this.
  3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Excellent! Thanks for further confirmation.

4. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    On the SlickDeals thread, it looks like gift card purchases are being cancelled by Wal-Mart. I signed up through Twitter, but since we have almost a month before it is over, I am going to wait and see what happens with gift cards.

MX and miles and smiles like this.
  5. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I am happy to report that my $15 credit posted two days after I ordered a $75 gift card from Walmart.com :)

tondoleo, KathInJax and MX like this.
  6. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I confirm. AmEx approves the charge, but then wm.com cancels the order after a few minutes.
    I have more than one AX card with such offer. One of the orders went through without a cancellation, but that was it.

miles and smiles likes this.
  7. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am wondering if I send the gift card as a gift, if the gift card will go through..... Otherwise, I might just move forward the drapery hardware that I am planning on purchasing this year.

8. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I finally found a way to make walmart.com accept a second order. Previously I tried clearing the browser cache and cookies and using a different browser or email address, but none of those orders were accepted. Then I tried placing an order from a different IP address, and it was not canceled by walmart. So apparently their system has an algorithm that's linked to customers' IP addresses.