15% Online Redemption discount on TA-booked tickets?

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by Saracen, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering whether the 15% online redemption discount applies only to tickets booked online, as I was led to believe this by the call centre. However, I noticed that all I seemed to need was for the ticket to be linked to my KF account. So can anyone confirm whether a ticket booked other than via the website will still qualify for the 15% discount?

savydog likes this.
  2. Wouldn't your ticket need to be linked to your account in order to make a mileage redemption?
    (Remember the discount is for redemptions, not accruals.)

IME - The discount is meant to be online only, but you can usually talk your way into the discount if booking an itinerary which can't be booked online.

savydog and Chimpy like this.
  3. Chimpy
    Original Member

Chimpy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe that the discount is only available online, a couple of times when I have been unable to complete the booking online they have still given me the discount. The last time did take a bit of persuasion though and in the end I had to speak to a supervisor.

savydog likes this.
  4. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, I should have been clearer. I was referring to upgrade redemptions. Does the original ticket have to be booked online?

savydog likes this.
  5. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    No it doesn't.

savydog likes this.