15 May: ATL - New Focus!

Discussion in 'Avis | First/Preferred' started by rwoman, May 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,

I rented a compact car @ ATL this past Sunday. When I got to the Preferred signage to get a car it said "See Desk." The agent offered me a Kia something or a Ford Focus....having had numerous Focuses in the past and liking their fuel efficiency, I asked for the Focus. I was pleased to get the new model Focus with 390 miles on it - smelled new! It is a great update to this car in the US - there IS a reason they are so popular in Europe!! It is a tremendous improvement over the previous model and the trunk is quite large for a small car. Gas mileage was very good too with a mix of highway/city driving.

:)robin

bakedpatato likes this.
  2. Critic
    Original Member

Critic Silver Member

Status Points:
    Avis must have just gotten a whole batch of new Fords across the system - on 11 May I got a Fusion SEL at SFO with only 72mi on the odometer. Still had some of the protective plastic on the door trim - I may have been the first customer to drive that car...

3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Focus had some plastic on the Ford logo on the front bumper, which looked silly, so I peeled it off. :)

4. Critic
    Original Member

Critic Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just came back from BNA - spotted a whole slew of new Ford Focuses (Foci?) - combination of hatches and sedans, but didn't see the trim level. I had a 2011 Edge Limited w/MyFordTouch and about 8K on the clock.