15 Best Stadiums for Food

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by sobore, Jan 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.thedailymeal.com/15-best-stadiums-food

[​IMG]

When we think about stadium food, what comes to mind? Lukewarm hot dogs in soggy buns, overcooked burgers, peanuts, and limp fries, right?

And after shelling out loads of cash for tickets, the last thing you want is bland, overpriced food. Who wants to pay $12 for a burger that’s been sitting under a heat lamp for hours and was mass-produced and frozen months ago? Add in $8 for a side of soggy fries and you’re left wondering why you didn’t eat before you got to the game or sneak in a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/15-best-stadiums-food

Jimgotkp, Max M, MLW20 and 2 others like this.
  2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only eaten at one of these stadiums -- Dallas Cowboys -- and paid 12 bucks for a bottle of water and a soaky cheeseburger -- the best food at stadiums is usually what you can get outside -- e.g. Pit Beef at Camden in Baltimore or anything they sell outside the football stadium in Iowa City.

This is part of the reason so many people like to tail gate.

Bob H

3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to see a list of the worst.... :) maybe all the ones not listed here.

The arena where I live uses Aramark as its food provider, absolutely abysmal food from that company.

4. AJTrenkle

AJTrenkle Active Member

Status Points:
    Cool article. Thanks for sharing. For anyone ever in Chicago, Comiskey Park (US Cellular) has real good stadium food. You can walk around the lower deck concourse, see most of the game, and enjoy the delights.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. FlyerTimH

FlyerTimH Active Member

Status Points:
    Good list, but it's pretty limited info. I've been to AT&T Park in SF and they have some great options as mentioned, plus clam chowder in bread bowls and chocolate sundae's from Ghirardelli. The garlic fries are good, but you'll taste and smell of them for the rest of the day.

Most venues these days have local specialties, which are good alternatives from plain burgers and hot dogs. Although, I'm still a sucker for ballpark nachos covered with neon orange nacho cheese sauce and pickled jalapeno's!

6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. Cubs/Wrigley is a stadium that has horrible food. The food offered for the corp box seats is not much better.

7. murakami

murakami Silver Member

Status Points:
    But isn't Wrigley Field the only place in America where it is socially acceptable to drink an Old Style?

8. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although my Mets stink the food at Citi Field is pretty awesome.

ThereseKhu likes this.
  9. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Staples Food is Meh, even in the Clubs and Luxury Boxes. My halftime treat.. McFlurry :)

ThereseKhu likes this.
  10. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Aww, can't believe they didn't have Nationals Stadium (DC) on the list. Simply because I love Shack Shack and their outdoor lounge area.

Attached Files:

ThereseKhu likes this.
  11. flightnurse

flightnurse Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sort of lost on this article, Arizona Dback were the first "newer" ballpark to offer more then the soggy bun food, I have to say they have some pretty tasty food they also have a TIGF inside the ballpark which you can sit and watch the game, but for me Petco Park in San Diego has the best, whether you want sushi that made to order or high end italian food to mexican street food, no one does it better then Petco Park..

sobore likes this.
  12. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sort of amusing as Petco Park sounds like they would serve kibble and jerky treats! Good to know the food does not live up to the name! :p

13. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool i like it coz i like to eat, Thanks for you article.