15,000 Bonus Mile Promo IAD/BWI-LHR (appears to be targeted)

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by Travel2Food, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    Up to 15,000 bonus miles for flying BA on IAD-LHR or BWI-LHR through March 31. 15K for First and Club World, 10K on coach. Promo Code WASBA

Email text:
    Our enhanced relationship with British Airways allows AAdvantage® members more opportunities to earn AAdvantage miles for transatlantic travel. In celebration, we are extending an exclusive offer to you to earn up to 15,000 AAdvantage bonus miles every time you fly round-trip on select fares between Washington Dulles or Baltimore airports and London Heathrow on British Airways nonstop flights. The more you fly, the more you earn!

Fine Print:
    This offer is valid only for targeted AAdvantage® members receiving this offer via email from the American Airlines AAdvantage program

jhflau11 likes this.
  2. I received a similar targeted email, but on the PHL-LHR route

Code is PHLBA

3. jhflau11
    Original Member

jhflau11 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wasn't targeted but tried WASBA and got a confirmation message and email. Still doesn't appear on my offers page.

4. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I was targetted, somehow they missed the target. :D No e-mail for me. Probably have observed that I don't fly those "select fares" much.

5. Phineas
    Original Member

Phineas Silver Member

Status Points:
    so this is what you get for the YQ

6. DCtrAAveler
    Original Member

DCtrAAveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got one of these yesterday, too. Did fly DCA-RDU-LHR back in Nov., so assuming this was targeted based on that past history. Too bad March is booked or I might try to work something in for the bonus.

7. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can someone post the terms and conditions for this promotion, specifically which fare classes earn the bonuses?
    Thanks

8. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    For the different levels of promo miles:
    15,000:
    *Includes fares booked in F, A, J, R, C or D on British Airways operated flights
    10,000:
    ** Includes fares booked in I, W, E, T, Y, B, or H on British Airways operated flights

9. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The cheapest H fares hardly classify as an MR

10. JAbrams72
    Original Member

JAbrams72 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, I flew LHR-IAD-ORD-LHR last month and don't appear to have been targeted.

11. I think this promo is designed to capture premium customers, so definitely not for a cheap Y mileage run...