$140 vs $60 credit for 1Ks for the legacy UA Chase Card

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by SFOtoORD, Apr 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the United Visa Signature CC that has a $140 annual fee which has always been fully refunded to me as a 1K. I don't remember all of the history, but I believe it was something available only for a limited time. Most years I had to email Chase to get the full $140 credit.

This year I got a $60 credit and when I emailed chase for the full $140, but they've informed me it is $60 only going forward. When I pressed further they issued me a "special, one time" $100 additional credit. So, in short looks like its only a $60 credit going forward no matter what was previously agreed. I guess it isn't the end of the world, but I may change to one of the newer cards now. The $140 card gives up to 5k PQMs, but other than that it isn't that special.

This is what I got from Chase:

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The $140 credit was available to people who had the card for a long time (don't recall what the cut-off date was... 2008 maybe?). I know I got mine shortly thereafter and have only always received a $60 credit. So maybe they have now removed the grandfathering of those old cards if you got $140 originally?

3. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's what I am suspecting as well.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Finally a change I like (since I felt disadvantaged).

Just kidding.

cvarming and al613 like this.
  5. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    If there was an award for "Spiteful Post of the Day" you would win. :)