13x to 18x miles from Sears through UAL portal TODAY ONLY

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by flynhwn, Oct 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Log into United then go to the shopping portal. Any purchase from Sears gets you 13x miles. If you have a UAL cc it's 16%. If you use your Chase Freedom quarterly bonus its 18x. If memory serves me right Sears e-cards for Sears qualifies. Sears gift cards (hard card) does not because they are actually from KMart. You can use the cards for Christmas gifts...Thank you United for your Christmas gift to us!

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    I checked Sears website earlier today, as I need some big appliances. Sears' prices were ~30% above the competition (Lowes, Home Depot, etc.). I bought from Sears before, and recall that they were fairly competitive then. So this convoluted promo scheme might just be a big accounting gimmick.

3. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wish we had the same thing with AC and Sears, but at the same time it was a relief when I checked if we had a similar promotion and saw that it's still 1 mile per $ because I just spent $900 2 days ago... I would have cried missing 13x miles!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  4. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sears could offer 40x now, and I wouldn't care. The added miles still aren't worth the hassle of dealing with them.

SuperKirby likes this.
  5. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Actually screwed up on this one, since I bought some eGift cards (theory being they might work given the recent T&C changes, now reversed) and then went back to use them a little after 9pm PST and it was already too late of course. The date had advanced as far as the United Shopping web site was concerned. Back to 3X or 4X again...

The good news is that the AAdvantage shopping mall just popped up an almost-as good 12X offer that expires TODAY. Remember to use your Chase Freedom card!

6. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today meaning today 10/12, just to be clear. :)