100K MR Points For Amex Platinum Card

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by Mooper, Jan 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    100K Amex Membership Rewards Points for getting approved for the Platinum Card (consumer version) and spending $3K in 3 months. $450 fee, but as you can get $200 in airline credits now and $200 from Jan 1st-6th 2014 before you cancel by Jan 7th, the effective fee can be considered $50. Or, if you can spend and get the points to post rapidly, they'll refund most or all of the fee if you cancel within a couple of months. The card gets you lounge access at a few airlines/brands, status with some car and hotel providers, and a slew of other perks.

Best offer ever, as no match requests or other hoops need to be jumped through. Targeted in the sense that you first have to get the offer to pull up for you. SS# not required, but it's a soft pull and a trusted site, so no big deal to include to boost your odds. I was approved immediately, and the terms show directly on the application and confirmation pages. Note especially the restrictions for those who have had this card previously (within 12 months disqualifies) or some other cards within the past 90 days.

1) Go here https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/
    2) Enter your info. Skip SS# if worried, but it's a reputable site and including SS# boosts your odds of getting the offer.
    3) Apply and take screen shots. Note that you might need to sign out, wipe cookies/cache, or use Incognito mode if your browser has previous Amex sessions onboard.

Good luck!

TERMS
    • Receive 100,000 Membership Rewards® points when you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months of Card membership.
    • Annual Membership Fee is $450.
    • Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNC, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days.

iolaire, Rob and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  2. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Many people are also seeing 50k offer on Gold card with no annual fee first year. More info can be found at all the usual places :)

Mooper likes this.
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:

So I have (and have had for years) a Fidelity Gold Amex that earns MR points. Does that mean I won't qualify for the Platinum card because I have had it within the last 90 days? (and still do)

4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    That website uses a certificate issued by GoDaddy.com. The name alone just screams "reputable"! ;)

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  5. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    They are referencing just Membership Rewards cards. Fidelity, Delta, etc are different animals and won't disqualify you.

The site has been around a long time and is well known. What I meant was that they're not fly-by-night - no worries about it being a phishing site or anything of the sort. If concerned though, you can skip the SS# entry. You must, however, enter your real name and addy for the soft pull.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  6. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't have this card in my 2013 list O' applications but once it popped up it made a quick climb to the number 1 spot! Applied and was approved last night. :)

7. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    This offer is now dead. Congrats to those who jumped on it and were approved.

8. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    I went many unsuccessful rounds with Amex over a completely legitimate offer that I was targeted for a couple of years ago. Never got the points despite oodles of documentation. That experience was enough to keep me from jumping at this offer. I hope that nobody has a similar experience this go around. Good luck to everyone who was approved for the card!

MX likes this.
  9. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    17 hours from the time the bloggers first wrote about it, till it went viral, till it died.

10. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    iolaire likes this.
  11. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    1k replies on slickdeals.

12. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    The beauty of this one was that the terms were posted on the app page, so if you meet them, there's really nothing they can do to reject you. The 2011 offer you're probably referring to required, from the start, requests to match a targeted offer and a lot of hoops to jump through. I ended up getting several of those approved by calling corporate.

13. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
  14. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nope. Had screenshots, names and dates of confirmation of the bonus, etc. Never got the points.

15. boondr

boondr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I saw the original at TOBB and even commented on it. It was locked because the OP was inundated with pm's about deal killing so he removed the link. The ever-present Mia locked it almost immediately. Despite only being up for short time the cat was out the bag.

16. sunspotzsz
    Original Member

sunspotzsz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I already have Premier Rewards Gold Card, but I applied and got instant approval.

I will not get the 100k points, right?

17. norge
    Original Member

norge Silver Member

Status Points:
    Me too. AMEX does not have to give you anything. Some times they give you more than you deserve and other times they stiff you. I'm guessing this in only a targeted offer and very few people will actually get the 100K. Just a guess.

18. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not sure how a link like https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/ could be construed as a targeted link. Oh wait, I get it: you enter your name and address and it targets you! I see nothing wrong wih that..

But yeah, in the end Amex is the one who decides what to give you or not. If I don't get my points, I probably have no recourse other than perhaps canceling my cards with annual fee cards and not doing further business with Amex. But so far I have no reason to even worry about that.

19. Phorever

Phorever Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would like to email them to see if I can get the offer even though it was pulled... Anyone have an email address?

20. cmj542
    Original Member

cmj542 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm betting that everyone will get the 100k. Last year (forgot exactly when), there was a link for a 75k Gold card linkthat was only available for Columbia MBA students. It made its way on some blogs (I think also Flyertalk) and I was sent the link, without context as to what it was for. I, along with a few friends, applied. There was a big hoopla over whether or not people would get the points because they didn't qualify, but everyone I know received the points...in fact, some people ended up with 100k for some reason. I wouldn't say this about a lot of financial companies, but Amex really does deserve some applause for how they deal with customers and run their business. I've gotten nothing but top notch customer service with them, and because of that, I've stuck with them for the long run for my main purchasing.

21. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just love the fact that they overnight you the card! Already got mine activated and am half way towards the spend :) 100K Membership Rewards points here I come!

iolaire likes this.
  22. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I am just glad that my wife was home when the UPS truck came. I have all my non-USPS deliveries go to my work address, and would have hated to have the envelope either sit on the porch in the rain all day or find the UPS missed delivery note on the door.

23. murakami

murakami Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got home late last night and had the dreaded UPS missed delivery note on my door. I hope to leave early today and be waiting for the re-delivery.

24. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thats odd, they stuck both my packages between the screen door and the front door with no sig.

25. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine was left on my porch with another package when it was delivered.