1000 points for a non-qualifying stay

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, Apr 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Spent two reward-nights in an IC and got 1000 points.
    Is it new or simply an error?

2. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    was there any note next to the points stating what the points are for ? eg welcome bonus by the hotel perhaps ?

Rosalia likes this.
  3. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, Terry Yap, simply stated : 2 non-qualifying nights, points 1000
    I remember having stayed last year on points and never got any single point.
    It might be something new this year...or?

4. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    not to my knowledge that they have any new, if it's a non-qualifying stay, i thought that automatically rules out any promo points linked to the stay. I did get 500 points on a reward stay at a Holiday Inn recently, though it was clear it was a welcome 'pick-a-card' promotion at the check in counter. So i would think it's a promo by the hotel of some sort.

so it's interesting you got 1000 points, is there a possibility that the 1000 points was from another stay which coincidentally posted on the same day as your reward stay (or it seems it's clearly linked to the reward night stay),

either that or someone at IHG really likes you (more than us, at least...):D

Rosalia likes this.
  5. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you charge anything at the hotel that might have triggered a bonus of some sort, such as room service, meals, phone calls, parking fees, etc.? Possibly a property only bonus for the stay, regardless of it being a reward booking.

Rosalia likes this.
  6. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nothing at all. Anyway, in this IC in MEA, they never give points for extra spend.
    It could be an error, since the Rewards Club staff is in general not very well informed.

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could the points be an apology for some for some problem, perhaps posted for all guests and not a cause for you to complain, such as broken elevators, closed facilities, noise.....?

Rosalia likes this.
  8. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Again, NO...I am back in the hotel, after having spent two nights in another one...will keep you informed if this time 1000 points will show up again after my reward night.

9. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    maybe 2000 points this time, since you are a repeat customer :p

Rosalia likes this.
  10. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Funny enough. For a qualifying stay, I only got 1000 points, and it was mentioned as a non-qualifying stay.
    It seems to me that the Rewards Club staff in the Philippines needs some training.