100 minute tortuous call with CO

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by 15A, May 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 15A
    Original Member

15A Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to exchange a CO ticket. Called reservation line, went through the process of setting up the new flights but original ticket shows no-show even though I absolutely called in advance to cancel. So agent says she needs to contact a supervisor. I wait... and wait... every 10 minutes or so she comes on the line to ask if I want to continue to hold, which I stupidly continue to do expecting that it has to end at some point and why would I want to start over with a new agent and a new wait (not to mention potentially lose the flights I want to rebook). After 85 minutes, the agent comes back to tell me that she's still unable to reach a supervisor but would see if she could clear the "no-show" herself. Miraculously she is now able to do this.

Sadly, it does not end there. She then quotes the fare for the new flights as over $1,000 more than the fare I had found online. These are all UA flights, we go over them one by one and they are all correct but she is showing no W inventory on the outbound flights while I am seeing W9. I check on co.com and it too cannot price the UA flights as expected. While still on the line, I go to UA.com and do a dummy booking and it prices exactly as I expected. Nothing the agent can do about this.

So after 100 minutes of CO incompetence and with none of that cross-carrier integration in place, I go back to UA and shell out full price again, saving the unused ticket for another time where I look forward to more hours of CO phone hell.

At least I'm finally able to go to bed at 2 am. Thanks CO.

2. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bucket availability on CO.com and United.com have not seemed to match up really ever. I can find something on CO.com that is not available on United.com and vice versa. The agent not being able to see the W fare isn't surprising.

I have no idea why she had you on hold that long, especially if in the end she was able to clear the no-show without supervisor intervention.

Was this the standard reservation line or the elite line?

4. 15A
    Original Member

15A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Elite - I'm a CO Plat.

5. Freddie Listo
    Original Member

Freddie Listo Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. carsonheim
    Original Member

carsonheim Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like "Peggy" needs to enter the retraining program

7. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tortuous or torturous? or both?? ;)

8. bthobe
    Original Member

bthobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now I do not feel so bad as I spent 1hr 44min (104min) on the phone trying to book an award from ADD-CAI-SSH-CAI-ADD in Y. While the reservation was ticketed at the end of the call, I had the agent contact a supervisor 4x + to try and ticket my res at 45k instead the of the 70k she issued the ticket as. (Currently still unresolved).

:mad:

9. 15A
    Original Member

15A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Haha, I may have been going for torturous, but I make no excuses for proper grammar on a rambling 2am post... and yes, truth is either/both would certainly apply.