100 Free Hertz Gold Plus Reward Points + New Hertz Promo

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Hertz Gold Plus Rewards has launched a new promo and is giving away points just for registering and taking a survey. Note that they did just devalue their award chart (with lots of advance warning), but I have had good experiences with Hertz, and will continue to rent cars with them. I’ll post more on the new award chart very soon, but until then here is some info on how to get 100 free points + register to earn 250 bonus points on your upcoming rentals of two days or more.

Register now to earn 250 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® bonus points for every Hertz car rental of two days or more October 15 through December 15, 2013. You’ll receive50 bonus points just for doing so! Then, get an additional 50 bonus points for answering a short 3-question survey.

You must be a Hertz Gold member to register for this promotion. If you’re not yet a member, sign up for FREE today, then return here to register for this promotion. Enter your 8-digit Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member number. Note: New members will need to wait 48 hours for enrollment to be processed before registering for this promotion.

Just to give you a point of reference, a free weekend day starts at 550 points, a free non-weekend day starts at 675 points, and a free specialty car rental on a non-weekend starts at 1,000 points per day. I often use my Hertz points to book SUVs during ski season when they are otherwise very expensive, so I am always interested in the “specialty vehicle” rates as a result. Sadly, these rates have just gone up, but so it goes in the world of points.

I don’t like that the points have become less valuable, but I do like that they are handing out 100 free points for what amounts to about 5 seconds of work. That is worth doing (for each eligible member of your family) even if you don’t intend to rent cards during the promotion period!

Terms and Conditions (bolding mine):

You must be a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member and a resident of the U.S. or Canada to register for the promotion. Member must select to receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points in member’s profile and on each reservation. Registration is required at www.HertzFreeDays.com to participate in this promotion and track your rentals. Newly enrolled members will need to wait 48 hours for their membership to be processed before registering for the promotion.

Only rentals made after the date of registration will qualify for the promotion.

Valid on paid rentals picked up beginning October 15, 2013 through December 15, 2013 at participating Hertz locations including the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S.V.I., United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Brazil, Australia and New Zealand only. To qualify rentals must be of 2 days or more, but any car class applies. Bonus points will not be awarded on rentals accruing other Frequent Travel Program Points. Bonus points will be added to member’s account up to 5 business days from the rental return and can be redeemed immediately. Only paid rentals will qualify for this promotion. Standard rental qualifications and return restrictions apply. Advance reservations required. Modifying your reservation may result in a change in your rate and/or invalidate this offer. Offer has no cash value and cannot be combined with any other bonus offer or other promotion. The minimum age for this offer is 21 and age differential charges may apply. All Hertz Gold Plus Rewards rules apply. Go to www.hertz.com for Gold Plus Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.

Thanks to Loyalty Lobby for sharing the news about this promo!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Continue reading...