100% Bonus on Purchased DM's (Aug 1-Aug 30)

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by flyer_o, Aug 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. flyer_o

flyer_o Gold Member

Status Points:
    Came in an email this am. Not sure if targeted or not. Up to 50,000 mile bonus.

Boost your balance with a 100% bonus...

jbcarioca, Quasiconvexity and sobore like this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Might be targeted. I didn't get anything yet but I will check the website later and see if they're offering me the same.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:

Seems to be targeted. Even if you're logged into your DM account, when you click the "buy miles" link, it asks you again for your name and DM#. When I did so, it then took me to the normal buy miles screen, where there was no mention of bonus miles.

I wonder how they target this? I'm a DM elite and I've purchased miles in the past (within the last year)...what does it take to get targeted for this?

viguera and jbcarioca like this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I went on their site and noticed the same thing... I got the previous 100% bonus on purchasing with points.com not that long ago, but it looks like this time I wasn't targeted.

5. bucketlist
    Original Member

bucketlist Silver Member

Status Points:
    Went to US, logged in and noted the 100 % bonus:

"Thank you for redeeming your Dividend Miles this year!
    Boost Your Balance with an exclusive 100% Bonus when you Buy Dividend Miles before August 31, 2012.
    This exclusive offer is just for you* and you can only get it here:"

COMMENT: This language implies the bonus is for someone who has redeemed miles this year (which I have). If someone wanted to buy miles, and it's marginal at these rates: "Miles are sold for $0.035 per mile plus a tax recovery charge of 7.5%"

When it makes sense is if you need a few (or even a lot) of miles to complete an award booking. An alternative is when you find saver award inventory that's of interest. An off-peak coach award TATL is a little under $600, and Envoy is around $ 1.1 K, if you have their credit card.

Have in the past bought a few miles at full rack rate - the pain, the pain - it would only have been half bad w/ this promotion.

Practice Pointer: Try logging in, see if you get this offer. If you don't see the bonus offer, log in, buy a magazine or something cheap w/ miles, check again in a few days and you might have better luck, tho in such cases ymmv.

skyvan and viguera like this.
  6. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been thinking about this offer for awhile and maybe I'm thinking of another airline but I thought there was a 50k max buy per year so if you did this for the full 50k it could prevent a buy hit at any potential GS. I didn't see this limit on us air so I'm guessing I'm wrong. Just thinking....

7. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've bought miles three times this year. 50k during each of the 100% bonus offers this year and 25k during the 50% bonus offer. USAir doesn't limit the # of miles you can buy.

daninstl likes this.
  8. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perfect. Thanks for the great advice on this. I'm still learning. Just yesterday I learned that if your trying to use miles for an upgrade (without elite) status it matches the availability of a pure all mile reward flight in the us air search engine. Duh.

9. Jliu

Jliu Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi, is there anyway I could buy these miles without being targeted? I urgently need to top up an account for redemption. Thanks.

10. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quasiconvexity likes this.
  11. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the same offer, worded a little differently today. Is there any bonus to paying with your Dividend Miles MC or Visa?

Just for you, a 100% bonus to top off your account!
    Up to 50,000 bonus miles to reach your travel goals sooner*

Thanks for choosing to fly with US! To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, we’d like to help build your account balance. Buy or gift miles now through September 31, 2012 and we’ll give you 100% bonus miles to help reach your travel goals.

Don’t miss out on this exclusive offer.

https://www.usairways.com/en-US/div...s/buymiles.html?CAMPAIGNCODE=USB100SeptSolo12