100% Bonus on Buying Dividend Miles 6/1-6/30

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Frequent Flyer Bonuses, May 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Frequent Flyer Bonuses

Frequent Flyer Bonuses Z Representative

Status Points:
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now if we could get that hotel points transfer bonus back... :)

eponymous_coward likes this.
  3. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    good to know. thanks!

PLUS_1 likes this.
  4. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, very nice, I'm buying my chunk, I think that's not a bad price for 100,000 miles total. Very glad to see it.

5. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ive given brief thought to this as a speculative purchase since that's less than AA miles cost, but the thought of a devaluation prior to that is a huge risk. There is also the ability to use on any *A carrier but I'm a OW guy. Assuming I had an immediate use this would be a good deal. Speculatively? I can't pull the trigger. Thoughts/counterpoints? Might it be worth having a stash of US miles?

6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    There's been talk of "The Great US Mile Devaluation" for a while now, but (AFAIK) that hasn't happened yet. I don't think you should buy miles to build a stash though, because at the end of the day the devaluation might happen, but overall I don't think it's a bad "investment" to buy the miles when they're 50% off if you have an award in mind.

7. ChrisUNC

ChrisUNC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Once upon a time, I recall a similar bonus program that also included a certain % of the miles counting as PQMs. What I don't remember is the exact percentage of bonus miles? It may have been a lesser bonus since a % counted as PQMs. Anyone remember?

8. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any award I'd want would be for two, and international. The only way I'd add miles to my account would be rental cars and hotels, and my primary hotel choice is SPG. While I've got enough Starpoints to be able to dump another 125-150k miles into a US account to redeem, those are safely sitting in my SPG account. I'd consider making the transfer for the right trip, but currently we have no plans, period, having done 3 international vacations in the last 12 months.

Good thoughts, though... and I appreciate the discussion!

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint