100 Amtrak Points For Linking To Facebook

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Mooper, Oct 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    Amtrak is offering 100 free Amtrak Guest Reward Points for linking your Amtrak account to your Facebook account. The points aren't too valuable, but as it takes about 15 seconds, it could be worth your time. The points post instantly, and if you don't like the idea of having your accounts linked, you can decouple them immediately after joining them and you'll keep the points.

https://amtrakguestrewards.com/facebook/fbconnect?origin=memberweb

Enjoy!

IDGflygirl and gleff like this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I'm not sure if it will actually extend your expiration date. Technically rules say that points expire 3 years from last paid Amtrak travel not 3 years from last activity. Though in practice I don't think they expire points quite on that schedule.

3. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I noticed that in the terms, too, but assumed that it is just inaccurate wording and that any posted points would count. Is there a definitive word on this? I'll edit my post with a correction if so.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    While Award Wallet will update your account expiration date based on any activity... At a minimum it used to be actual train travel required, years ago I did have a very small number of points zeroed out on the basis of no train travel, albeit after 4+ years rather than 3.

5. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was able to get the 100 points, but it sure took a good number of steps.

6. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:
    Should take only a few clicks if you're already logged into your FB account via a cookie. If not, should require just logging in and approving the app. No forms, etc. required. And you can decouple immediately after if you want.