100.000 Hilton Points as thank you Diamond Member

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by HiltonHotelFans, Feb 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. HiltonHotelFans

HiltonHotelFans Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. Abidjan

Abidjan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Didn't get the email, but the clicked the link yesterday via the Hilton thread on Flyertalk. It gave me a Diamond challenge (I lose status on March 31). 6 stays (or 14 nights) by April 30 and Diamond status through March 2017 (and a 100,000 point bonus too once the challenge is completed). I followed up with the Diamond Desk and they confirmed everything. I already have 6 stays coming up this month, so I'm set. Such a nice surprise, and certainly welcomed.

uggboy and HiltonHotelFans like this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, this is truly amazing! Xmas in February? I just clicked on the link and entered my username and pin number and boom, just like that I was 100,000 HHonors points richer! They posted instantly!

upload_2015-2-3_14-14-32.png

In addition, for stays between now and April 30, I will earn double points during the week and triple points on weekends. With two relatively long stays planned during the promo period, I am poised to really rake it in!!!

Clearly I was targeted but I did not receive an email or it simply went to my junk box. Thanks for posting the link!

There is no up to an 8-week wait before the points deposit. It happens right away. See my AwardWallet bar chart below. I am thrilled about this because I'd wiped my account almost clean last year on a big-time redemption and more, leaving me with just 26K points. Now, I am over 200K points with no stays at all yet this year. Am I looking at 1M points for the year, after averaging 700K points the past two years, "devaluation" and all?

HH-BOOM.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    uggboy likes this.
  4. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice touch....thanks Hilton! Now if only I can get lifetime diamond status!

5. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    "You're now registered to take advantage of this exclusive offer. Complete 3 stays by April 30, 2015, and earn 50,000 HHonors Bonus Points. Complete 4 stays by April 30, 2015, and you'll earn another 50,000 Bonus Points. That means you could earn a total of 100,000 Bonus Points – enough for a free night at any of our 4,200 hotels and resorts."

Seems to vary by person.

MX likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  7. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    and I got a lump of coal, I meant "page unavailable" 404.

Flyer1976, WhiteDesert and flyforawg like this.
  8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I got the same thing... double credit for stays and no more. My wife got a lump of coal with her account.

Not sure how the awards are calculated... 100k HHonors points is nothing to sneeze at, so I'm guessing it's some kind of fluke? Out of the blue they just decide to start handing out points for no apparent reason? :)

flyforawg likes this.
  9. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    lump of coal. I am not eligible for an exclusive offer at this time.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  10. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same as me. Oh well. Have been told they finally fixed my no promo email blockage so maybe that is my prize!

[Sent from my Tapatalk enabled iPhone6]

11. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking magic 8 ball coding. Random award generator.

Data point. I'm a gold, too. See above for my reward.

Gold by choice since diamond hasn't done much for me and by going gold allowed me to eke out platinum on the marriott side of the hotel world which does enhance my experience. However, really might have to rethink as I have years of diamond status behind me and if lifetime is an option.... Wish they'd hurry up and announce.

12. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know 100K points are nothing to sneeze at. It is a night at Conrad HKG ($450/night cash value). It is roughly equivalent to 33K Hyatt GP points. They must have done the math and figured that they can afford to make some of the offers, like mine, very "lucrative" because they will not be offering 4 quarterly promos, at least this year. They will have one starting March 1, and maybe another at the end of the year. The quarterly promos will be replaced by smaller but more frequent targeted promos ...

flyforawg likes this.
  13. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    For those who got this offer, could you login to your account and tell us what's shown in the "My Offers" location? Thanks!

I get a 404 error when I tried to click through.

I read in FT that some Golds got challenges too that adds up to 100,000 points.

14. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    And MP :)

15. jackplum
    Original Member

jackplum Gold Member

Status Points:
    Zilch for me as a long time Gold

However if you are uncertain and need to try again, the cookies need to be cleared or you will get an error message.

16. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems like they are the promised customised promotions..
    So far
    > 100,000 points
    > 100,000 points + Double points during week + Triple points during weekend
    > Double stay count
    > Diamond challenge with 6 stays / 14 nights + 100,000 points if successful
    > 3 stays by April 30 (50,000 points) and 4 stays by April 30 (100,000 points in total)

Probably more other offers... nothing for me though.

flyforawg likes this.
  17. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    It may not be as random as it appears.
    • Diamonds who just missed Diamond again are offered a challenge to regain it + 100K points if they succeed.
    • Diamonds who redeemed extensively, like yours truly, are offered 100,000 points + Double points during week + Triple points during weekend to replenish their points.
    • Diamonds with less activity are offered just 100K points.
    • Golds who may have been close to making Diamonds are fast-tracked to Diamond.
    • Folks who just made Gold are offered double stay count as way to help them make Diamond.
    It may be that the false perception that the last "devaluation" was cataclysmic might have thinned the rank of HH Diamonds (explaining my 100% suite upgrade success rate in 2014) and HHonors now wants to get some of the Diamonds back...

18. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Followed the link yesterday, got the 100k and the e-mail showed up this afternoon. I'm quite happy.

How do you get awardwallet to work with the new captcha login for hhonors?

19. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would fall into the Diamond, blew 800k points before the devaluation for the Maldives and haven't spent a point since. Got the straight up 100k.

20. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    :confused:Still no email for me yet even though I was targeted with one of the more lucrative offers...
    AwardWallet seems to have figured out a way around the captcha. It can still retrieve my data automatically...

21. WhiteDesert

WhiteDesert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received the email in my inbox about an hour ago (congrats for re-qualifying as a Diamond for 2015); I registered and the 100K points were added to my account before I could complete the login process.

I have to say that's a pretty damn nice re-qualification gift--and completely unexpected. Very very nice.

I had something like 43 stays in 2014.

22. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is a SERIOUS offer. :)

NYCUA1K likes this.
  23. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Freshly minted Diamond and told I'm not eligible. Whole lotta nothing.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  24. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely, especially since I also have two 5-night stays planned during the promo period!

25. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, yours is not one of the "good" categories. You would've quite likely gotten an offer if you had come up just short...