10 Years Without Concorde

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by MX, Oct 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    A dull decade in civil aviation.

Newscience, gregm and Mirror74 like this.
  2. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed...

MX likes this.
  3. SST
    Original Member

SST Silver Member

Status Points:
    Appropos of my avatar, I miss the old rattletrap and a banquet across the pond. The Concorde was the closest thing in my life to a "transporter tube", lighting the afterburners and letting you out in London or back in NYC in 3 hours, well-fed, well-wined and well-served. I suspect I have now seen the last of supersonic travel in my lifetime, and it's a pity because as the airlines dumb-down everything not everybody got to try really gracious flying, or showing up across the globe fully-awake and ready to go...

Steven Schwartz and MX like this.
  4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps Virgin Galactic or some suborbital start-ups might shake up the established order in the future.

5. thesatishk

thesatishk Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was following the last flight on TV. I wish I can fly on a concorde some day!

6. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing, M7VO! I never had the privilege of flying the Concorde, but well remember seeing the plane turning in the air and reflecting the sun's rays in northern Maryland after takeoff from IAD. Great memories!

MX likes this.