10 Ways to Get Flagged at Customs

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Sep 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.smartertravel.com/photo-...et-flagged-at-customs.html?id=548&photo=54949

Want to speed through customs without getting pulled into the dreaded detention room? Then be aware of these 10 unexpected reasons you could get flagged. While you should never lie on your customs forms—getting arrested or deported is one way to delay your trip even further—and you should follow the advice of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which recommends, "If in doubt, declare it," it's best to be prepared. Our list may even save you from having to pay taxes or toss out food, so read on!

Read More: http://www.smartertravel.com/photo-...et-flagged-at-customs.html?id=548&photo=54949

anileze and uggboy like this.
  2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is another anecdote narrated by my friend - If you are single male in your twenties and upwards and return from some of the countries (Thailand, Cambodia etc.) you get a secondary whereby they check your laptop if you are carrying one - Go figure !

3. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    But of course. Why else would anyone go to Thailand?

Very weird actually considering Thailand is as mainstream as they come.

anileze likes this.
  4. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:

I had Thailand, Japan, Vietnam same trip, No problem ! Costarica, Panama - No problem. My friend had just near MR (3 nights) @BKK, and Miranda-welcome at LAX. :eek: