10 Toys that Failed...#3 - Airport Security Playset

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by rwoman, Sep 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    CNBC: 10 Toys that Failed

I found #3 amusing....nothing like that airport security playset!

:)

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can't believe they even had a airport security playset! :

JohnDeere19 and rwoman like this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although I'm not sure 9/11 = failure. ;)

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  4. Falcon View
    Original Member

Falcon View Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe the 'Fail' reason is obvious - No realism. In an actual TSA screening, there would be a 3rd TSA Agent action figure stealing electronics from the French guy's suitcase. Additionally, the French guy is being waved through x-ray with his shoes on...

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  5. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Clearly the manufacturer did not see the full potential of a TSO action figure line. In addition to the thieving TSO as described above, they also need to make:

1) Set of four "Hanging out" TSO figures: Includes one "standing here scratching my balls" figure, set of two "standing here sneakily scratching my balls through the holes in my pockets" figures, and one "I'm pretending to be a BDO but I'm really fantasizing about the provocatively dressed twenty-something blonde bending over to take her laptop out of her bag" figure.

2) Patdown clerk and passenger figurine set. Patdown clerk features excessively large fingers. Passenger figurine has proximity alarm on groin region and wee's onto the TSO when touched in that area.

3) Supervisors podium, staffed with four supervisor level TSO figures sitting down surfing the net. (Can be interchanged with "scratching my balls" figures for maximum flexibility.

Falcon View and JohnDeere19 like this.
  6. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's missing the nude-o-scope...just like blackberry, these guys didn't keep up with innovations and sadly were left behind.

Gargoyle and Falcon View like this.
  7. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Being the total dork, I'll point out that playmobil is a german outfit. I haven't seen any NoS's in MUC or FRA, at least, so they have that going for them. Also, shoes stay on there. Also also, playmobil makes some great toys (my kids LOVE the zoo set), but this was just an ill-conceived toy. I certainly don't recall german screeners with guns!

8. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not lately, no.