10 Things Your Flight Attendant Won't Tell You

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Newscience, Dec 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    10 Things Your Flight Attendant Won't Tell You

See the full explanations at:

http://glo.msn.com/relationships/what-your-flight-attendant-wont-tell-you-5248.gallery

The list:

1. We give orders for a reason
    2. We hate delays too
    3. You should lend a hand
    4. This isn't a flying diner
    5. Be nice
    6. Watch your drinking
    7. We're here to ensure your safety
    8. Time your bathroom trips better
    9. We're a tight bunch
    10. We love meeting you

8MiHi, Bill Hunt and gaijin62 like this.
  2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Most people do not understand the problems in retail dealing with the customer,

I know they have a tough job, and are just a small part of the team that makes things work.

Most of their good work is never noticed, but ignore some gifted person, and that person seem to tell the world they were ignored.

Newscience likes this.
  3. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is why I always make eye-contact with my FA's, wish them a great (day, afternoon, evening, fill in the blank), and then tip my hat to them.

As soon as the safety demo is complete, before the cart comes by, I try to indulge them in some humor, usually related to the airlines. The vast majority love it, and show it.

When we deplane, we try to be complementary, even if we are a bit late, or the landing had two major bounces. If we are safe, and my crowns have not been dislodged, then we are OK.

I want to have a bit of fun, when flying, and wish to extend that just a bit, to the cabin crew.

Newscience likes this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bill Hunt, I absolutely agree with your "travel philosophy"! ;) It never hurts to be polite to people, or to show good manners and a bit of humor to the airline crew. And without searching for a reward for such behavior, it will generate it's own rewards.

The bottom line is that the airline industry is a service industry, and that the FAs (among others) likely put up with many unnecessary stressors in their daily jobs. Customers who are attentive, polite, and respect FAs will likely stand out from the norm! :cool:

Newscience

Flyer1976 likes this.