10 hour layover in BKK in first

Discussion in 'Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus' started by riceoven, Apr 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I have a 10 hour layover at BKK flying in and out on TG first class. Will they bring me to the lounge or to immigration first of all, when I'm greeted at the plane? Also, what is the best use of my time? Would I be able to stop by the lounge, grab some thing to eat, then go out of the airport to explore, and come back and wait in the lounge before my departing flight? Do you think they would let me leave my carry on luggage in the lounge while I leave?

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    you get a 1hr body massage @ the Royal Orchid Spa Lounge ... but for 10hr ... I wouldnt leave the airport. It takes like 45min via Train to get in the city ... and dependent upon what time you're gonna be there ... IDK.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would absolutely leave the airport for a 10 hour layover. I don't care how nice the lounge is; that's WAY too long for me to sit in an airplane terminal when there is a city to explore. Even with the train back and forth there is enough time to see or do something and still get back, enjoy the shower and then take the next flight.

MX likes this.
  4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess he could take train in; goto a food court eat ... then hop on train back. Food Courts in Bangkok are a favorite of mine =)

5. riceoven

riceoven Silver Member

Status Points:
    But nobody knows if they will let me leave my luggage at the Lounge? Also do they have beds in the Thai first lounge? My layover is 3pm to 1am btw

6. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt they'll let you leave your bag (although they will let you leave it when you go for a massage) and I think the lounge closes at 12 or 12:30. Also - if you take the train to the city take the local not the express. The express doesn't run very often - it's been cut b/c of some problems with the construction.
    Also I think there are some tours for transit passengers - but you have to pay (unlike Singapore), but I haven't paid any attention the last few times I've been through the ap