10 HHonors points for each $1 donated

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Len Williams, Mar 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Len Williams
    Original Member

Len Williams Silver Member

Status Points:
    Kaanapali, rwoman and jparker like this.
  2. greek2me

greek2me Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone know if they will 1099 these miles?
    And does 100% got to charity or does GlobalGiving take a cut?

3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I would assume that HHonors would not send a 1099. When HHonors was supporting other organizations in the same way there were no 1099's - but that was some years ago.

It looks GlobalGiving winds up getting 15% for their services. From their web site:

"All donations go through the GlobalGiving Foundation, a registered 501(c)3 organization, which receives a nominal 15% fulfillment fee. This helps cover the cost of operating GlobalGiving - finding and vetting projects, providing training and support to project leaders, attracting donors, and maintaining an innovative, informative web presence. It also includes the fees assessed by vendors for credit card processing, mobile giving, wire transfers, and other fees charged by financial institutions.
    Most donors choose to make an incremental contribution at checkout to cover this fee and ensure that 100% of their donation goes to the project(s) that they have selected to support. This results in an average of 90% of all funds donated getting to the grassroots project(s) selected."

4. greek2me

greek2me Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info deant. Wow, a "nominal" 15%? What a ripoff.

5. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    $10 minimum donation.