10 budgeting mistakes even smart travelers make

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Oct 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.gadling.com/2011/10/09/10-budgeting-mistakes-even-smart-travelers-make/

When traveling, it's easy to go overboard and spend more money than you expected. What's important is that you spend your extra cash having fun experiences instead of on mistakes that could have been prevented with some planning. Read these 10 common money mistakes often made by travelers to help save money on your next trip.

Read More: http://www.gadling.com/2011/10/09/10-budgeting-mistakes-even-smart-travelers-make/

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    This one seems to surprise some folks who have medical issues overseas and discover they do not have proper medical coverage. Definitely one to be aware of for international flyers.

rwoman and uggboy like this.
  3. bjdriscoll

bjdriscoll Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great find! I still seem to have trouble with #1: Overpacking. I find myself packing for a trip the evening prior to departure, then removing several items in the morning. It's amazing how easy it is to pack too much.

rwoman likes this.
  4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Question. If I used the Chase Sapphire Preferred card to pay for the taxes/fees for my award tickets, do I still receive the insurances? I read the T&Cs and it said I would only receive coverage if I paid the full-fare ticket with the CC.

5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    This one seems to contradict the title...:)

SC Flier likes this.