10 Best Food Apps for Travelers

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by sobore, May 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.smartertravel.com/photo-galleries/editorial/10-best-food-apps-for-travelers.html?id=575

[​IMG]

Half the fun of traveling is trying exciting new foods. But how do you know where to eat? Whether you're looking for the absolute best undiscovered restaurant in a new city or just want something quick and easy near your gate at the airport, download these apps and you'll never be far from a great meal again!

Read More: http://www.smartertravel.com/photo-galleries/editorial/10-best-food-apps-for-travelers.html?id=575

2. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello? Google Maps? That should be number one. It can do anything Yelp/food spooting can do.

anileze likes this.
  3. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually foodspotting is kind of crowdsourced kind of a concept. And, Yelp is a google owned app :)

4. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yelp is in no way owned by Google. Are you confusing Yelp with Zagat? Zagat is now owned by Google with the sole purpose of competing with Yelp. Food Spotting is Four Square for restaurants.

anileze and Sweet Willie like this.
  5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    My bad, I had zag at on my mind when I said google

6. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    No worries. That has happened to me - on more than one occasion - as well! :p:cool::)

anileze likes this.
  7. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fairly US centric list except for the global vegetarian site HappyCow. I personally like tripadvisor's app since it also works outside the US.

anileze likes this.
  8. fisherman14

fisherman14 New Member

Status Points:
    For me it's Urbanspoon which has a really nice feature.

9. DanielCosta

DanielCosta Member

Status Points:
    Great list! Will help me a lot in the future when I travel.

10. EricaBureau

EricaBureau New Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to share a new one to the list for travelers to San Francisco. Check out WanderList San Francisco City Guide, free for both iOS and Android. It's a selective list that serves as an alternative to cluttered review sites or having to research for hours. The restaurants, bars, snacks (vittles) and coffee shops are the types of places you would only know if you were a local, or had a friend recommend them to you. The platform is intuitive and easy to browse, with bookmarking and social media sharing capabilities.