10-25% miles rebate for DL award tickets

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by paladin87, Oct 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got this email..

Hello Mr. Paladin87,
    Exchange your hard-earned miles for memories.

Book a Delta or Delta Connection® round-trip Award Ticket and earn a 20% mileage rebate in BusinessElite®, First or Business Class and a 10% rebate in Economy Class. Plus, earn a 25% mileage rebate for each additional BusinessElite, First or Business Class Award Ticket and a 15% mileage rebate for each Economy Class Award Ticket.
    Here's how the savings add up:

BusinessElite/1st Mileage Rebate Economy Mileage Rebate
    First Round-trip Award Ticket flown 20% 10%
    Each Additional Round-trip Award Ticket flown 25% 15%

Award Tickets must be booked by October 31, 2011, and travel must be completed by April 30, 2012. There is no limit on the number of rebates you can earn. Rebates will appear in the redeeming member's account after travel is complete.
    Where will your miles take you? Book today.

2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good deal...is there a link that isn't targeted?

3. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't think it is targeted. Pretty sure it is open to all. It does not say anything about being targeted, and there is no registration link, just the "book now" link.

In the TC it says "Promotional Reference Code: Please refer Delta reservations representative to 97060524", so I assume you could use that for phone reservations, but I think you can just do it online and it is automatic.

4. Zmcgeary

Zmcgeary Active Member

Status Points:
    Do you think, based on previous experience, that Delta will honor this rebate on an award ticket purchased just last week?

5. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    No. The email says award must be booked between October 18 and 31.

6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had an existing booking for November. I cancelled it (free re-deposit for PM/DM), and then re-booked online.

I checked before I cancelled to make sure there was still availability. I had a mid-level domestic F ticket...80k miles (bas***ds!), and it had gone up to high on one segment, so the new ticket was 90k miles...but still less 20%, so it was worth re-doing. 72k net cost now, a savings of 8,000 miles.

With free re-deposit for PMs/DMs, if you're remotely thinking of taking an award trip before April, you should book it now and lock in the rebate. Worst case you cancel or change (and presumably lose the rebate), but you're no worse off.

DeltaExpert and rwoman like this.
  7. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Saw this in my email as well. Seems like a good deal for the Business/First Class redemptions especially if you are able to find a low on Delta.... but otherwise, I'd rather redeem with partners for the low mileage.

SC Flier likes this.
  8. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my initial excitement I found a TATL J award at the low level for a vacation I'd been pondering in April. Turns out it won't be eligible for this rebate because of AF/KL legs, but I think I'll hang onto it anyway. I mean, a low-level J award on the exact travel dates I need! I've had such bad luck with award redemptions this year I'd stopped bothering to check on 2012 plans.

rwoman likes this.
  9. DLroads
    Original Member

DLroads Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dear NYBanker,

Every year, we have more than 1,000,000 'virtual cancellations' that we, and only we see, and we report to our clients when we want to $@##@@%3 them. Therefore, today we announce a new incentive:
    If you had a booking, and you've changed it when we have announced a promotion, we would double charge you in miles and then revoke all the miles differences you could have saved. This way, we would stop "gamers" who play around with our numbers. Those changes would apply retroactively to all promotions you've participated in since 2010.

It is a hard decision, but it is the right one.

Yours,

J.W. Robertson

10. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    My "rebate" for mid-November travel posted last week. :)

rwoman likes this.