10,000 Miles for DIRECTV

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by PanAm, Apr 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    The AA bonus had been 7,500 miles but I received an email that the bonus is up to 10,000 through 31 May 2011. This is for new DIRECTV customers and requires a 2-year service agreement. T&Cs note to allow 6-8 weeks for first 7.5K miles and additional 3 weeks for the final 2.5K.

Link from the email: http://aa.directv.com

I see that, as of the time I"m writing this, the AA.com info for DIRECTV still states "7,500" but the link, which is same as the one above, takes you to the same DIRECTV landing page which states 10,000.

As I'm fed up with DISH and my local cable option (Time Warner), I'd already planned to switch to Directv.

Promotional Terms and Conditions
    Offer ends 5/31/11. Offers are based on approved credit. Credit card required (except in MA & PA). New customers only. 2-year agreement required. Hardware and programming available separately. Additional fees apply. Please allow 6-8 weeks for 7,500 AAdvantage® miles to post to your AAdvantage account. It will take an additional 3 weeks for the remaining 2,500 AAdvantage miles to post to your AAdvantage account for a combined total award of 10,000 AAdvantage miles.

This email was sent to you because you subscribe to AAdvantage® promotions emails.

This is a post-only email. Please do not reply to this message. For all inquiries, visit www.aa.com/contactaa, or send an email to webmaster@aa.com, or contact us in writing at:
    American Airlines AAdvantage® program, PO Box 619688, D/FW Airport Texas USA 75261-9688

AAdvantage® Program Terms and Conditions
    American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. AAdvantage® miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count towards elite status qualification. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit
    AAdvantage® program terms and conditions

AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage with Scissor Eagle design, AA with Scissor Eagle design, Scissor Eagle design, and AA.com are marks of American Airlines, Inc.

oneworld is a registered trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC.

© 2011 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I received the same email. Sadly my condo already comes with free DirectTV..... :(

3. smokescreen
    Original Member

smokescreen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too bad... I already have DirecTV... bummer...

4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got this offer back in 2009 and signed up in August of the same year. Got my 10K AA miles and already burned them ... been stuck with the over-priced DirecTV since then. Now having the $29++ family package (the cheapest) because my kid loves the cartoons, and the wife the food channel, but no CNN, FOX, or Travel Channel :( Cant's wait till August to cancel, otherwise $20/month cancellation fee for every month the Agreement is in force.

5. I suggest you edit your post to delete your email address.

PanAm likes this.
  6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I edited the post for OP and sent him a message letting him know. Thanks for the heads up! :)

PanAm likes this.
  7. rharrigill
    Original Member

rharrigill Silver Member

Status Points:
    Free DirecTV service over time is a better deal than 10,000 free miles!

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, but would I be a true mile collector if I didn't at least wish I could figure out a way to get them? ;)

9. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks guys, I missed that when copying!

10. Unfortunately the email address still shows up in my browser if I hover my mouse over the ******s!

11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    This software is nuts. It should be *officially* fixed now!

12. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points: