1 point per $ in online shopping malls

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by merice107, Nov 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't know if I am totally over analyzing this but while driving home late last night I got to thinking...

When you purchase something from an online shopping mall (AAdvantage Shopping Mall for example) and it says you earn 1 point per dollar, do you actually end up earning two miles per dollar? One mile for using your credit card, and then another mile for the shopping mall? Because if not, then there is really no purpose to buy something online and pay shipping when you could get it at the store right?

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Almost right -- depending on what you buy and how much you spend, you can get free shipping and in some cases you can get more than one point per dollar plus what ever the credit card company gives you

Also you sometimes you can order things on line from stores like Best Buy and pick it up locally.

I once had to go to an out of town graduation -- ordered something on line for a gift and then that afternoon picked it up at a local mall at my destination. Had to borrow a scissors from my hotel though to wrap it, but it was one less thing to carry on the plane.

DTWBOB

merice107 likes this.
  3. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok so the points for the mall are in addition to the points for the credit card. Thanks!

edekba and boondr like this.
  4. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep. Many portals often run specials of 4x points/dollar or more, especially around the holiday season.

edekba likes this.
  5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I use http://evreward.com/ to list what gives what bonuses

6. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Except, be aware that they, and most of the reward mashup sites aren't always accurate. I've found a number of discrepancies on evreward recently.

edekba likes this.
  7. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    yup but its a good place to start imo.

But honestly I do majority of mine through UR ... and HikerT's website is super useful.
    http://lakebagger.com/ur/

8. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't know about that one - I'll certainly check it out after I get my Ink card next month. When the spreadsheet says Ink/Bold, does it only mean for Bold, or Plus as well? I was under the assumption that the Bold and Plus were basically the same card, except one requires full payment at the end of the statement cycle and the other doesn't.

9. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    to me ink is ink. I have an ink classic and you get the same reward bonuses. I think there are 5 versions of ink from what i remember/know. Prem = ability to xfer to partners and 50k limit for the 5x bonus catagories vs 25k limit.

ink cash - credit with cash back
    ink classic - credit with UR
    ink (something i forgot & no longer listed @ chase.com) - charge with UR
    ink bold - charge with UR Prem
    ink plus - credit with UR Prem