1 passenger detained after disturbance on Continental flight headed to Houston

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by PhlyingRPh, Feb 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Full story here:
    http://www.khou.com/news/Two-arrested-after-disturbance-on-Continental-flight-139932593.html

Ooh! Sounds serious. I wonder what the "unruly" passenger did?

Well, that might explain the need the spring into action by the other pax. Oh wait, what's this?.

Bingo! I would be remiss if I didn't give the author full marks for managing to work in a favourite western stereotype there and for framing it perfectly - large, brutish Middle Eastern male vs. the petite american Flight Attendant.

Mother Lode! We're talking O'Reilly, Hannity and the rest of the clan now. But I can't argue with the guy... The creator and whatever entity or process he/she/it may take, is indeed great. I suppose shouting it out loud is annoying to one's ear drums though, so go on...

Excellent description of events - B-grade Hollywood movie with Chuck Norris in the making here. Guy sounds like a real bad-ass though. I imagine he's pretty tall, muscular and very menacing in appearance.

Fair enough. No point flying an idiot - a large, muscular, dangerous one at that, hog-tied all the way to IAH.

Anyone reading this could have told them that, but still, congratulations to the TSA on stating the obvious and good job not jumping on the racist stereotype bandwagon.

You can't make up the overblown reaction to what was a minor passenger kerfuffle with a FA. BTW, see the video on the KHOU website in order to ascertain how much of a threat the individual actually posed.

FlyingBear likes this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yet another example of the passengers doing the work when there is a problem on a plane.. Why do we have Sky Marshals? Have they ever done anything besides shooting (and killing) a passenger in the back as he ran away from a plane in Miami a few years ago?? Seems like passengers do abetter (and cheaper) job protecting us.

4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, any kind of screaming on a plane tends to worry me. :eek:

5. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    The risk of course is that other passengers can upgrade themselves to judge, jury and executioner, and not be held accountable, secondary to prevailing societal prejudices.

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points: