1 hour for seat assignment

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by bucketlist, Mar 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. bucketlist
    Original Member

bucketlist Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have a mr, MSY-iah-ewr-hkg-SIN, booked on .bomb, and got seat assignments for all legs except hkg-SIN. Tried 4 days in a row on .bomb to get a seat assignment in one of the empty seats in what looks like the e+ cabin but no luck.

Called this a.m. - got thru in a minute or two - called the old 1K phone line, which is also the same number on new 1K cards from CO - was told that the forward portion of economy cabin was blocked for some unknown reason.

Tried again a few minutes ago - most helpful agent spent almost an hour, talked to supervisor, but no seat assignment. (it's a 3,300 mile flight, a window seat, forward of the wing, would be nice but they're going away fast. Have seen blocked sections, and they typically go across a cabin, not random selections of aisle & window seats, leaving middles, so it seems to be more than blocked out for tour groups).

I believe the phone agent was trying.

Was advised to try for a seat on check in at MSY.

Puzzling - on this mr, all legs but this one allowed seat selection, in E+, but not this leg. Worse things have happened (well, they are already on this flight, believe CO is charging for booze in coach, even for transpacs or flights w/in Asia) but stuff like this partly explains why CO has high call volumes.

2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    It took me 30 minutes at the United Club to get seat assignments on Saturday. This was after spending 15 minutes just to get boarding passes printed (it wasn't until after they were printed I found out I had been moved back to E-minus). The agent was definitely trying.

3. flyingbrick
    Original Member

flyingbrick Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would be nice if online seat assignments was working. But no, not for me. Of course, it would be less of an issue if they hadn't wiped them all out on 3/3.:)