1 hour connection time in FRA possible?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ClarkyBoy, Oct 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    All,

Trying to get Award tickets for my in-laws, and found a good F seat, TLV-FRA, FRA-SFO but there is only an 1 Hour connect time.

Flights are LH691 and LH454

Thoughts on how tough it would be to make it (assuming of course flight is on-time)

Thanks

ClarkyBoy

Flyer1976, uggboy and 8MiHi like this.
  2. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    An hour is tight, but if I found F seats I'd book it no questions. Worst case your in-laws misconnect and LH has to take care of them.

3. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a 50 minute connect 2 years ago. My inbound flight was 15 minutes early and I got to the outbound gate with 30 minutes to go.That aircraft wasn't even there yet. Security moved efficiently but still caused some anxious moments.
    Check on what security/passport control/Customs they might have to negotiate to get on a US bound flight. I do not know if FRA has US Passport/Customs there or not.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  4. Peninsula

Peninsula Active Member

Status Points:
    Int'l > Int'l is easier than Int'l > Domestic at FRA. If it's a "legal" LH connection, then it won't be an issue.

5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    IMO a hour in FRA wouldn't cut it for me since there's no time to enjoy the FCL. ;)

6. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    Back in the day (Delta was still flying L-1011's) my ATL-FRA flight arrived late, and I missed my connection to LHR. Or so I thought. Eventually, I was driven to the apron by the departure runway, where stairs were wheeled up to the plane, I boarded,and we took off! This was pre-9/11, so I doubt it would be an option these days!

LETTERBOY likes this.
  7. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with the advice here. If LH publishes it as a legal connection and they are ticketed in F, I think they will have no trouble making the connection, so long as no MX delay. LH will likely have a car to facilitiate the connection on arrival; however, they will miss out on sampling LH's great FCL and FCT. So if you can construct a longer connection or layover, it might be worth it.

Misplaced Texan, Flyer1976 and 8MiHi like this.
  8. Gabed1

Gabed1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did a 40 min layover in FRA from dub to ORD a couple of months ago in F. It's no problem at all, as they will meet you at the plan and drive you through expedited security and to your next plane. LH F is great

9. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with this, full stop. LH will get this done for F pax. If LH will sell an itin, I trust them to take care of the connections for premium passengers. If they were connecting to a UA flight, I might worry. But LH to LH all will be well.

Seacarl likes this.
  10. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Barring a multihour MX delay, I agree. They'll pull out all the stops, Porsche from plane to plane, hold the outbound, to make this work.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  11. kjflowers

kjflowers Member

Status Points:
    Its fine I did it last week. you don't have time to mess around you need to go straight to the other flight. it also doesn't help when they load you on a bus and drive you around first.

12. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks alot everyone! done.