1 hour 25 minutes reasonable connection outbound in MIA for LHR?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by travelpye, Aug 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am considering two different scenarios for outbound travel to LHR in business class next summer. One is MIA-LHR on BA with a 3 hour layover (and higher fees), while the other connects to an AA flight but with only one hour 25 minutes for connection. In either case, my inbound flight to MIA would be on an American Eagle. I am not familiar with MIA, but I am a bit concerned that the AA Eagle to AA connection might be too short. What would you advise given this choice?

2. Franklybrit

Franklybrit Silver Member

Status Points:
    You don't mention if your inbound flight to MIA is domestic but as I'm not sure that eagle fly international from MIA (except maybe the Bahamas which I think have preclearance), I'll assume it is. In which case 90 mins shou ld be fine as there is no terminal change to worry about. Worst case would be that (assuming there is space) you'd end up on the later BA flight with a better bed anyway, without having to pay the extra fees.

travelpye and jbcarioca like this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Keep in mind, if you're coming from the Out Islands that none of them have pre clearance. IIRC, only NAS has pre clearance. Domestic will not be a problem but any of the non-precleared international destinations will be unless you have Global Entry, in which case you'll be fine.

If you'll send your flight numbers via Conversation it is easy to verify precisely what the situation will be.

travelpye likes this.
  4. travelpye

travelpye Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the quick responses! Actually, we would be flying SDF-MIA and connect with MIA-LHR. Sounds like this could work for us, then!

Thanks, again!

jbcarioca and Flyer1976 like this.
  5. Skye1
    Original Member

Skye1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    That should be sufficient for your connection, and possibly for grabbing a bite in the AA/IB/BA Premium Lounge.

jbcarioca likes this.
  6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget to use the skytrain. You'll arrive at stop #4 which serves American Eagle, and you'll ride the skytrain to the next stop #3 that serves Concourse E which is where you will get your outgoing flight on BA. Assuming you've checked your bags that connection will probably take you 15 minutes or so.
    http://www.miami-airport.com/map_skytrain.asp
    You'll certainly;
    have time to stop in at the lounge if your incoming flight is on time. You're probably on AA3480, which has excellent ontime performance, so no worries.
    http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/American_Airlines_AA_3480