1,000 point invited survey

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Sweet Willie, Mar 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else receive an email from Hyatt lately offering 1,000 GP points for taking a survey?

I would post link but it was an ID'd survey.

First two screens asked how many nights for business & leisure, third screen asked the avg dollar amount I've spent on my recent business nights. (I don't think they liked the dollar spread I chose when booking business hotels as the survey went to a "thank you!!" page and the survey ended[​IMG][​IMG]

2. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got the same e-mail and took the survey. Most of the questions were about lounge amenities and access. Lets hope the points post[​IMG]

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the same result. Hmmm....this makes me wonder if we "qualify". Did you notice that the wording in the email and survey said:

If you qualify and complete the survey you will receive 1,000 bonus Hyatt Rewards Points as our way of saying "thank you" for your valuable feedback.

If all you had to do was complete the survey for the points, then it wouldn't need to say "qualify". I hope the points post though....

4. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also received the survey, and got the thank you page after saying that I spend $80-$120 per night on business stays...

5. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Survey was certainly biased against the leisure traveler. Said I had zero business stays during the subject period and was thanked and excused.

6. pokerhammy
    Original Member

pokerhammy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like they want to introduce a business traveler amenity rate/plan.

Since the gender question came after many others, I hope that meant I had qualified and the points will post!

7. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Took the survey, it was really long with tons of different iterations comparing various plans and scenarios against each other about what you'd prefer. I wonder how internally consistent I was? :) Longer than I'd consider worthwhile for the 1000 points.

Overall I'm concerned with quality food in the lounge, mostly in the mornings, with access to bottled water, and annoyed by lounge and overcrowded lounges. I don't much care for the upgraded in-room amenities though nicer toileteries are a plus.

Other responses?

8. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    interesting catch on the 'qualify' angle. If points don't post, I think this will be my first issue to contact our local HP Concierge over.

Gargoyle likes this.
  9. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Basically, the same as you...except I mentioned lounges which aren 't maintained...with regards to clearing away tables or replenishing food. The choices began to be overwhelming in which would you choose section...

interesting that others thought it was business oriented, mine was quite specific...repeated questions on leisure travel.

10. Pegasus
    Original Member

Pegasus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine was related to leisure as well. Though I did answer that my average leisure rate was $160-$200, IIRC. I agree, the survey was very long. I almost deleted it at first as I thought it was another ad from Hyatt.

KIXman likes this.
  11. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ==

I just finished the survey. The pages and pages of lounge choices seemed a bit too much for me. Generally the differences were small and hard to really choose a "best" one.

12. ACEDAD
    Original Member

ACEDAD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got it, but only had about 5 questions, so I guess I didn't qualify either.

13. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Worst and longest survey ever! Worst part was there was never an indication of what percent I had completed on any page and I thought of ditching numerous times - but the 1,000 points kept me in it. But really, with pages of similar iterations about lounges, I thought it would never end!

14. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had I think over 20 questions. Mostly about lounges and amenities. No where did I put my Hyatt number in, for points.

15. jondav
    Original Member

jondav Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was cross-eyed and had a headache by the time I finished responding. Worst. survey, ever.

My perferences are for warm breakfast items, bottled water, all day snacks and beverages.

Gargoyle likes this.
  16. Brit
    Original Member

Brit Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here. I had pages and pages and pages of choices for different amenity packages. Probably took me about 20 minutes to complete it. Didn't put my GP # in anywhere . Haven't seen the points post yet, and I did my survey at least 3 weeks ago.

17. Brit
    Original Member

Brit Gold Member

Status Points:
    have your points posted?

18. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No 1k point for me yet

19. DealHound
    Original Member

DealHound Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't get invited to participate in this survey, but I'm getting a bit tired of participating in the website surveys. Not only do they not provide any compensation, it doesn't seem like they are even reading the feedback given!

20. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wrote a critique of the survey (see my post above for my thoughts) and got an email from the head of GP today apologizing and giving me a 1,000 bonus for my "troubles."

21. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, supposedly they are going to compensate those of us who participated with 1000 points. While it was a bit tedious to fill out this particular survey, the format was fairly standard and (assuming my 1000 points will eventually post) was my time.