1,000 bonus miles for a minute of your time?

Discussion in 'bmi | Diamond Club' started by flospi, Feb 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flospi
    Original Member

flospi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got an invitation from bmi for a short questionaire. Generally they were asking about how many flights I took in UK/Ireland, Europe, Russia, Middle East/North Africa and the Rest of the world. Then, which Airlines I used the most, giving a selection of Airlines and then generalising with *A and other carriers. Also if I was satisfied with their own network, *A network and asking again where I predominantly travel...
    Best was the last question... "We'd of course like to see you flying more frequently with us. What can we do to encourage you to choose bmi more often?"

So what did you tell them in that last question? For me it was about a better network from Switzerland of course... not only adding flights to Basel but also improve Zurich. And of course get back the free meals for DC Gold Members ;-)

Always Be Flying, GBM and cfischer like this.
  2. Put in flights that allow you to point to point to LHR for business and back in a day, make the connections actually connect without an overnight or a 6 hour vacation in the lounge, and to price itineraries in line with what competitors are offering.

savydog and TuxTraveller like this.
  3. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    Didn't get any such offer.

Instead, I got an offer today to purchase miles before March 31 and get a 20% extra miles for free.

4. Zinzan
    Original Member

Zinzan Active Member

Status Points:
    If they restored some of their axed Western European and North American routes, I'd probably choose bmi more often!

savydog and flospi like this.
  5. GBM
    Original Member

GBM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Link available here .
    I was not targetted. Seems right. never flew BMI [​IMG] . And clearly one of the Q was regarding which other airlines you flew besides bmi.
    Honestly I would just like them to keep DC which is my single attachment to bmi.
    Other than that I think the access to UK regions from/to LHR;FRA;MUC;ZRH;GVA;VIE is the one that makes the most sense *A wise although I see it going the opposite direction.

GBM

savydog, sofasurfer and flospi like this.
  6. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    The link has been down all weekend with a message showing some kind of upgrade is in progress on the survey site.

7. GBM
    Original Member

GBM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I managed to complete it 1h ago. Give it another try.

GBM

savydog and travelingmore like this.
  8. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still wasn't working, showing the site under maintenance, so I used a VPN via my head office in Australia which worked fine. Must be a UK ISP DSN caching issue.

GBM likes this.
  9. cfischer
    Original Member

cfischer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice. I completed it for my entire family.

savydog, GBM and travelingmore like this.
  10. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ditto - did it for two. Hope they post.

GBM likes this.
  11. GBM
    Original Member

GBM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully we all get the miles and bmi a proper feedback on what they should be doing different!
    GBM

savydog and flospi like this.
  12. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Much better than the cheapskates at Àir `Canada Aeroplan who give 250 miles for a 10 minute survey.

13. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems to be targeted to Gold members only from what I've seen. I wouldn't expect the points to post if you weren't one of them I'm afraid.

savydog likes this.
  14. GBM
    Original Member

GBM Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I posted above on #5 I think it's for bmi flyers given the type of questions (and the more infrequent at bmi the better to understand where they are failing)
    I'm DC Gold but never flew bmi and was not targetted so not keeping high hopes on getting the miles.

GBM

savydog likes this.
  15. FlyingOnceMore
    Original Member

FlyingOnceMore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Far from it. Just as many Blue and Silver members got it as Gold. There are members who have never flown bmi that got it and there are plenty of members who do fly bmi that didn't. It was pretty random from what I see.

savydog likes this.
  16. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wish you hadn't told me that.......wonder why the hell have none of my family got it then? [​IMG]

savydog likes this.
  17. TuxTraveller
    Original Member

TuxTraveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I might as well fill it in for one of my family members as well. Let's see if they post :)

18. cfischer
    Original Member

cfischer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I told them to bring back the NA flights, otherwise they won't see me mutch on bmi metal

savydog likes this.
  19. adl73x
    Original Member

adl73x Gold Member

Status Points:
    I might fill it in for the family member who is also me; the member created when MBNA set up a new member for the bmi Mastercard rather than use the existing one. I tried to get it cancelled. Eventually, I added myself to my family and pillaged my own sign-up miles.

Now I can offer my opinion twice and other me becomes useful again.

FWIW, I know the terms do not allow duplicate accounts. bmi were advised of the duplicate over a year ago by me - that it it still exists is a testament to the bmi IT we know and love.

20. TuxTraveller
    Original Member

TuxTraveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    for better or for worse as they say :D

I've come to learn to put up with their shortcomings, but equally I enjoy when those very same shortcomings somehow turn out to benefit me!

21. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've done it on all family accounts despite not being targetted. Nothing ventured etc.

There was a BAA WorldPoints survey last year for 250 points that they specifically claimed was targetted, so I never posted it. I did, for the heck of it, do it on all my family accounts though. And, of course, the points posted just fine for everyone.

Disco Volante likes this.
  22. Disco Volante
    Original Member

Disco Volante Silver Member

Status Points:
    And now...

23. Just sit and wait... hopefully will get the miles![​IMG]

savydog likes this.
  24. Good that I got in quick but two of my family members were too slow and missed out. Now to see if the miles post...

25. Did the survey but I don't have any status with them. Will wait to see if the miles post.