¡QUÉ FOME! LAN not participating in the oneworld MegaDo

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by zpaul, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    I knew it was more that a LAN flier could hope for, but seeing the final design of the credential for the OWMD and noting that LAN is not included as one of the airlines leads me to believe that there will be a lack of southern representation. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't really surprise me. Just makes me happy I've switched to AA even though 90% of my flying is done on LAN aircraft. At least when I tweet about a LAN flight AA sends me a "have a good flight, and hope to see you back on AA soon" message.

I'm beginning to relate any interaction I have with LAN outside of the aircraft to a visit to the proctologist.

canucklehead likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow...they reply to your tweets. Definitely makes for a better flight experience. :p

I'm not at all surprised that LAN isn't participating. The events are mostly not where they fly and getting involved isn't really worth much to them.

3. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, you got me there, the tweets don't necessarily make for a better flight, but they make for a better experience in the AAdvantage program.

I would think that LAN would have a lot of interest in speaking to a group of world travelers and frequent flyers, some of which actually pay for J or F tickets exclusively. As well, while MIA is the top destination for LAN in the USA, JFK and LAX are also destinations they serve with excellent load factors, both included on the OWMD. LAN has many more destinations available to/from the USA (remember that LAN is LAN, LAN Argentina, Lan Perú, Lan Ecuador and Aires in Colombia), whereas AY has three US gateways to one European city.

Plus, as has been discussed extensively on other threads, the new USA-Brazil routes that will become a part of LATAM are serious money makers.

LA has more penetration into the US from five countries in South America (soon to be six with the merger with TAM) than AY has from Finland, yet AY steps up and sponsors an event and LA doesn't.

But, as I said before, like you I'm not surprised they're not participating. I'm just disappointed.

daemon14 likes this.
  4. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    And then again, maybe LATAM is leaving oneworld...

5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given their dismal on the ground customer service.... it would have been a surprise if they had decided to play ball with this....

zpaul likes this.