Forum

Share:

Premium Membership [P1/2012]  

Page 68 / 93
  RSS
Tenmoc
(@tenmoc)

viguera, post: 1553195, member: 8917 wrote: I'm curious now... I remember Randy saying a similar offer didn't do so well before. I wonder what the numbers are like for this offer here on MP.

i'll let randy/team respond but i believe the initial launch here was 1000 or so.

Virtuoso Travel Advisor. Please contact us if you are interested in working with Virtuoso.
Four Seasons Preferred Partner, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond Bellini Club

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 31, 2012 3:18 pm
PointsCashMiles
(@pointscashmiles)
Silver

Globalflyer, post: 1553230, member: 602 wrote: Any chance I can get the Hyatt points even though I currently do not have status with Hyatt? My understanding is that you don't get to choose but get status by default if you currently don't have it.

Thanks!

I would probably just hold off on redeeming for right now and wait to see if another trial offer for Plat status comesalong. Back in the spring there was a 90 day trial sponsored by Visa Signature. I suppose you could also try for a status match, but personally I would just wait unless you anticipate needing the points sooner.

http://www.pointscashmiles.com - In Pursuit of Points, Miles and More

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 31, 2012 3:39 pm
mymilesandmoney
(@mymilesandmoney)

Just upgraded. I will hold off redeeming platinum status as of now 🙂

Check out my blog at www.milesandmoney.com Follow me on twitter @mymilesandmoney

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2012 1:13 am
wrxmom
(@wrxmom)

PayPal keeps timing out so I can't purchase a MP premium membership. 🙁

EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,
www.travelingwellforless.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2012 2:43 am
Randy Petersen
(@randy-petersen)
Admin

wrxmom, post: 1554444, member: 57023 wrote: PayPal keeps timing out so I can't purchase a MP premium membership. 🙁

I checked and there are many Premium Membership upgrades before your post time and after so PayPal seems to be working. Since the transaction is solely on PayPal's website, you might try again at another hour. I've had a similar problem at times when using PayAl in making a payment for a loan to Kiva.org and did finally get my transaction through.

Have a great day and for what it's worth ... behind this post is a guy that loves what he does for frequent flyers, so contact me anytime.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2012 11:27 am
wrxmom
(@wrxmom)

Randy Petersen, post: 1554811, member: 7 wrote: I checked and there are many Premium Membership upgrades before your post time and after so PayPal seems to be working.

Thanks Randy. I think that was it, too many people all trying to access PayPal last night. It worked this morning, so I'm upgraded now. 🙂

EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,
www.travelingwellforless.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2012 1:19 pm
CDKing
(@cdking)

Better buy fast. United just sent out an email about the offer:

Enroll in Milepoint today and
earn 2,000 bonus award miles.
MileagePlus® has partnered with Milepoint, the online meeting place for leisure and frequent travelers, to offer you a unique opportunity to earn 2,000 bonus award miles.
2,000 bonus award miles
Platinum status in the Hyatt Gold Passport® program through February 2014**
Plus, 10% of your membership fee will go to Milepoint-
supported charities such as Kiva, LIVESTRONG and
Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

2013 EQM AS 39K - 15 segs | UA 78K - 50 segs
2012 EQM AS 40K - 16 segments | CO/UA 154K - 105 segments
#1 rule of a deal

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2012 3:45 pm
IDGflygirl
(@idgflygirl)

CDKing, post: 1555037, member: 6697 wrote: Better buy fast. United just sent out an email about the offer:

Enroll in Milepoint today and
earn 2,000 bonus award miles.
MileagePlus® has partnered with Milepoint, the online meeting place for leisure and frequent travelers, to offer you a unique opportunity to earn 2,000 bonus award miles.

2,000 bonus award miles

Platinum status in the Hyatt Gold Passport® program through February 2014**
Plus, 10% of your membership fee will go to Milepoint-
supported charities such as Kiva, LIVESTRONG and
Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

I got that too!:cool:

Join the MP Kiva Lending Team! Join the MP Zidisha Team!
Plat/1KGold | Diamond | Plat | almost GM | PM me for a SPG AmEx referral
My FM (in process) | FT: mnmag | Dancing through Life with Joy & Gratitude!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2012 3:47 pm
turbov6
(@turbov6)

PointsCashMiles, post: 1552545, member: 81763 wrote: Looks like it's available again!

Do the Premium memberships for sale today include everything that the ones available a couple weeks ago did or have some changes been made to the list of benefits?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2012 12:34 am
Randy Petersen
(@randy-petersen)
Admin

turbov6, post: 1555623, member: 87711 wrote: Do the Premium memberships for sale today include everything that the ones available a couple weeks ago did or have some changes been made to the list of benefits?

All original benefits are included, nothing has been deleted. We do expect to add additional benefits within the next month or two and all members will enjoy those same additions. -- your Premium Membership is planned to increase in value.

Have a great day and for what it's worth ... behind this post is a guy that loves what he does for frequent flyers, so contact me anytime.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2012 12:47 am
kansaskeith
(@kansaskeith)

Randy Petersen wrote:
All original benefits are included, nothing has been deleted. We do expect to add additional benefits within the next month or two and all members will enjoy those same additions. -- your Premium Membership is planned to increase in value.

Wow. I was already a satisfied Milepoint premium member, and then read this - making me all the more impressed. Thank you!

American Platinum ; United Premier Platinum[SIZE=2">, AA & UA Dining VIP,[I">[B"> President's Circle[I">[I">[B">, Hyatt Diamond,[/I">[/B">[/I">[/I">[/B">[/SIZE">
[I"> Hilton Diamond VIP ; Marriott Gold Elite, Omni Select Guest Platinum, [I">milepoint [B">Gold,, [SIZE=2">[I">[/I">[/B">[/I">[/SIZE">[/I">

http://www.kansaskeith.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2012 1:04 am
cvsara
(@cvsara)

I missed the Soft posting and the "First" posting, but I jumped on this, this time, when I saw it at the top of my screen.
I don't know if I'll use much of the benefits, other than the UA miles. Not a Hyatt member, and when I have to rent, I usually go though Costco. I'm probably missing the but here, but, hey, its all worth it just to support MP.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2012 2:54 am
viguera
(@viguera)

cvsara, post: 1555735, member: 1504 wrote: I missed the Soft posting and the "First" posting, but I jumped on this, this time, when I saw it at the top of my screen.
I don't know if I'll use much of the benefits, other than the UA miles. Not a Hyatt member, and when I have to rent, I usually go though Costco. I'm probably missing the but here, but, hey, its all worth it just to support MP.

Well I think that's the point here though... if you're not a Hyatt member, why not hit the ground running? You get immediate Platinum status which comes with a few perks and even a cert to upgrade a reservation to a Club room (albeit with restrictions). Same for National and getting immediate Executive status.

You get to see what the hoopla is about and whether or not you want to pursue them next year to keep the status.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2012 3:02 am
turbov6
(@turbov6)

Randy Petersen, post: 1555629, member: 7 wrote: All original benefits are included, nothing has been deleted. We do expect to add additional benefits within the next month or two and all members will enjoy those same additions. -- your Premium Membership is planned to increase in value.

Thanks Randy, that is wonderful news!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2012 3:09 am
cvsara
(@cvsara)

viguera, post: 1555741, member: 8917 wrote: Well I think that's the point here though... if you're not a Hyatt member, why not hit the ground running? You get immediate Platinum status which comes with a few perks and even a cert to upgrade a reservation to a Club room (albeit with restrictions). Same for National and getting immediate Executive status.

You get to see what the hoopla is about and whether or not you want to pursue them next year to keep the status.

As in all programs, it requires learning what the benefits are, spending the time reading about Hyatt, National, and the others. Given time, (Away from the other things I like to do, like sit on MP much too long) I am probably missing the boat by staying on MP too much???:cool:

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 2, 2012 3:13 am
Page 68 / 93