Clear all

Any news about Premium Membership P3?  

Page 101 / 105
  RSS
RCTP
 RCTP
(@rctp)
Silver

satman40, post: 2738998, member: 141424 wrote: I already have Hilton Diamond Status, they are giving it away, IHG Match...March 2018, good to go....

'And you missed donut week also...:rolleyes:

There was a donut week???

How the @#&% did I miss that???

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2016 1:20 am
satman40
(@satman40)

Jam, iced or cream
What's your preference?
National Doughnut Week
7-14 May 2016

National Doughnut Week

Wow!! National Doughnut Week - a whole week celebrating and encouraging us to eat doughnuts - heaven!

Doughnuts are usually deep fried and ring shaped with, or without a hole. They can be plain, with a dusting of sugar or have a various toppings, such as chocolate, or an icing glaze with sprinkles. They can be filled with many things including jam, cream or custard.

However, there is a very serious reason for this indulgence - if you buy doughnuts between 7-14 May 2016 from participating bakeries then you will be helping to raise money for a very good cause - The Children's Trust.

Attitude and Ability is everything, without Government Laws we would all be equal, until we are Influenced by others.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2016 11:39 pm
WilliamQ
(@williamq)

jackplum, post: 2738973, member: 9518 wrote: I think, after this amount of time, that 'commitments' in public or private do not matter.

Just throw us a bone - or a donut in your case

For the record, I am willing to forego the penguin and pony in exchange for Hilton Diamond status -

They can throw you an affiliated cc application to IHG and then you can status match the IHG Platinum for your HHonors Diamond

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2016 2:16 am
RCTP
 RCTP
(@rctp)
Silver

My goodness. I'm sorry about the spam. I was trying to reply on the IF app and it kept popping up an error message, so I kept retrying to send my post. Can the mods delete the repeated posts? Thanks. Honest mistake on my part.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2016 6:36 am
eponymous_coward
(@eponymous_coward)

I see a grand total of 10 threads that have gotten new posts since yesterday. (I do filter out the politics/social/has not a thing to do with miles and points threads.)

It seems to me all P1 and P2 did was get some folks who liked the bennies and ponied up cash but then up and left. Didn't really make them stick around in large numbers.

Is the goal of P3 to raise more cash or make IF "stickier"? Because P1 and P2 didn't seem to work to build the user base. Or am I missing something here?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2016 4:34 pm
HaveMilesWillTravel
(@havemileswilltravel)

eponymous_coward, post: 2739304, member: 1812 wrote:

It seems to me all P1 and P2 did was get some folks who liked the bennies and ponied up cash but then up and left. Didn't really make them stick around in large numbers.

Is the goal of P3 to raise more cash or make IF "stickier"? Because P1 and P2 didn't seem to work to build the user base. Or am I missing something here?

It presumably is easy for the owners of the site to figure out how many people who joined right around the time of P1 or P2 (and paid for it) are still around and actively posting. My guesstimate would be it is negligible. I assume it is proprietary data and won't be shared, though.

I joined right when the site launched. I paid for P1, but it wasn't really a factor for me to stay and post; the site was interesting at the time and I would have stayed without P1. I don't recall the details of P2 but I didn't find it economically worth paying for and so I didn't, but I stayed active.

Now I am for the most part inactive, but not because of this failure of a promotion "launch". It's not what I was here for, it's not what keeps me interested. If there has really been active work for 2.5 years on this promo, I think it was a complete waste of resources that should have gone into other initiatives to keep the site viable and vibrant.

Oh well... Back into my cave.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do I will certainly NOT drink Bud Light.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2016 1:37 am
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

satman40, post: 2739179, member: 141424 wrote: Jam, iced or cream
What's your preference?
National Doughnut Week
7-14 May 2016

National Doughnut Week

Wow!! National Doughnut Week - a whole week celebrating and encouraging us to eat doughnuts - heaven!

Doughnuts are usually deep fried and ring shaped with, or without a hole. They can be plain, with a dusting of sugar or have a various toppings, such as chocolate, or an icing glaze with sprinkles. They can be filled with many things including jam, cream or custard.

However, there is a very serious reason for this indulgence - if you buy doughnuts between 7-14 May 2016 from participating bakeries then you will be helping to raise money for a very good cause - The Children's Trust.

Cream or iced. Never been a big jelly guy when it comes to donuts.

I don't have much to say, but you can usually find me saying it here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2016 1:45 am
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

eponymous_coward, post: 2739304, member: 1812 wrote: I see a grand total of 10 threads that have gotten new posts since yesterday. (I do filter out the politics/social/has not a thing to do with miles and points threads.)

Not speaking for any other co-founders, but I didn't get involved in MP/IF to make money. Maybe that makes me a putz, but I did (still do) just want to build a community. Money's great, and I'm not turning it down of it walks in the door, but community growth is still my primary goal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2016 1:49 am
satman40
(@satman40)

The donut was not what caught my eye in the photograph

The smile was so nice :D,

I never was a fan of donuts either, 😎

Most of the P awards I seem to earn anyhow, with the knowledge from this board..

Money is just a way of keeping score, I just work for the fun of it...

Attitude and Ability is everything, without Government Laws we would all be equal, until we are Influenced by others.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2016 1:51 am
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

HaveMilesWillTravel, post: 2739416, member: 648 wrote: It presumably is easy for the owners of the site to figure out how many people who joined right around the time of P1 or P2 (and paid for it) are still around and actively posting. My guesstimate would be it is negligible. I assume it is proprietary data and won't be shared, though.

I joined right when the site launched. I paid for P1, but it wasn't really a factor for me to stay and post; the site was interesting at the time and I would have stayed without P1. I don't recall the details of P2 but I didn't find it economically worth paying for and so I didn't, but I stayed active.

Now I am for the most part inactive, but not because of this failure of a promotion "launch". It's not what I was here for, it's not what keeps me interested. If there has really been active work for 2.5 years on this promo, I think it was a complete waste of resources that should have gone into other initiatives to keep the site viable and vibrant.

Oh well... Back into my cave.

The number of people posting generally is negligible, regardless of how they got here. Hope we can convince you and others to re-engage, but I know that's a slow process.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2016 1:53 am
RCTP
 RCTP
(@rctp)
Silver

P2 launched me into the HH programme. And other hotel loyalty programme. And afterwards while I am looking forward to P3, I find the company here awesome too.

To just sit around and shoot the breeze. Some occasional posts here and there to either help out or seek help.

90% of my absence at times are due to work. 10% is due to leisure travels.

If I'm just here for the P stuff I would have disappeared after getting P2 and resurface again as and when P(x) appears.

Though honestly I'm just here for the fun cos deep down I kinda feel P(x) probably not gonna happen.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2016 2:32 am
WilliamQ
(@williamq)

I think I read about P2 when researching about HHonors. So long ago... I bought the package altgough I already have Gold then. Even got "Santa's" help to gift the Gold status to another colleague of mine. Never really used the other benefits either. Rented from National a grand total of 2 times. Still, this place was vibrant then and I loved reading and learning about this niche hobby. Some of the stories shared here also led me down the path of status chasing but now status are no longer as valuable as last time with benefits lessen or inconsistent. I miss milepoint.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2016 12:06 pm
seeword
(@seeword)
Silver

WilliamQ, post: 2739486, member: 142169 wrote: ....Some of the stories shared here also led me down the path of status chasing but now status are no longer as valuable as last time with benefits lessen or inconsistent. I miss milepoint.

You hit the nail on the head. The requirements to get or maintain status has increased. Most people seem to have mid-tier status and the perks aren't worth the additional expense or hassle. In addition, there doesn't seem to as much to share, or those in the know have stopped because everything gets on the blogs in a flash and then it's game over.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2016 1:21 am
eponymous_coward
(@eponymous_coward)

seeword, post: 2739603, member: 89074 wrote: You hit the nail on the head. The requirements to get or maintain status has increased. Most people seem to have mid-tier status and the perks aren't worth the additional expense or hassle. In addition, there doesn't seem to as much to share, or those in the know have stopped because everything gets on the blogs in a flash and then it's game over.

FlyerTalk seems to have lots of discussions going. Just sayin'...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2016 4:21 pm
satman40
(@satman40)

All these awards are much easier to hit than they were.

Today everyone has Gold, I remember when even the taxi drivers were playing the stock market..

Today if they want to raise the miles Requirements I have no problem, even the kid working at OD and McDees rides in FC, and the whines about his awful experience ON FT.

Please remember burger flippers are making $600 a week. Plus tips, and welfare with Section 8 homes,

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2016 9:19 pm
Page 101 / 105