At milepoint, we not only welcome but encourage travel loyalty programs to participate in the community in an official capacity. We believe organizations that actively participate with milepoint members build goodwill and benefit from excellent feedback, and at the same time the general membership benefits from the increased and direct access to policy makers and customer support.
To make the most of your participation on milepoint, we have established the following guidelines for official representatives. In conjunction with the best practices you have likely already developed for your particular brand, these guidelines are designed to get you up and running on milepoint in whatever capacity you are most comfortable.
Official Representative Guidelines:
- To verify your status as an official representative of your organization, we require you contact us directly.
- You can create as many official accounts on milepoint as you like, so long as each is verified by us. On each account will be displayed an "Official Representative" title, letting members know you have been vetted by milepoint administration.
- Though not strictly required, we encourage you to use as an avatar on your official representative account(s) an image that is recognizable as a brand of your organization.
- If you plan to participate in the community in a non-official capacity in addition to your official role (and we encourage that as well), you should register a separate account for that purpose.
- We also highly suggest you use your milepoint account "signature" to promote your other social media efforts, such as Facebook and Twitter, and to announce promotions, news. etc.
The views expressed by milepoint members are their own, and each member owns the content of his/her own posts. Please be aware that, while we will certainly attempt to manage behavior deemed in violation of our general terms of service, we will not delete, edit, or otherwise manage member-generated content.
And finally, while we are sure you already know this, the best official representatives are those who contribute timely and accurate information, and who help members by answering questions and addressing concerns. We would simply advise you to be careful not to allow your official representatives on milepoint to become little more than public relations agents. Your customers and members appreciate personal and "spin free" interactions - and that appreciation will flow upwards to the entire organization.
Thank you and welcome to milepoint.