Forum

Share:

FT University returns to NYC area April 27th-29th!  

Page 1 / 56
  RSS
tommy777
(@tommy777)
Admin

Folks,

After the huge success of the inaugural FT University in NYC last April, the FT University is coming back again this year with a brand new format!

This year you can enjoy:

-- Complimentary cocktail party on Friday night sponsored by milepoint.com

-- On Saturday you will be able to learn from the best in the biz from exclusive speakers you won't be able to hear anywhere else, including the miles guru himself, Randy Petersen and popular blogger Gary Leff! You'll also meet the credit card Guru and super blogger The Points Guy Brian Kelly.

-- On Sunday, interact with the largest frequent flyer and hotel programs in the world, including Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, SPG and Hyatt Gold Passport

-- The introduction of the best credit card learning program "Credit Card Lions Den". The credit card programs will present their most popular cards in front of everyone, then watch the worlds biggest experts on travel credit cards bloggers critique the credit cards and make the right recommendation for you! On the panel you will find Brian Kelly (The Points Guy) Gary Leff (View from the wing) and Randy Petersen.

-- Complimentary, exclusive access to the 23rd Freddie Awards on April 26th will be raffled off for those attending. That's right! 15 spots to this years prestigious awards will be drawn on March 1st, the only thing you have to do, is sign up for the FT University before this day. The Freddies is not open to the public, this will be one of very few chances to get access!

Get ready for a weekend of fun -- and for an unbeatable price!

Registration opens February 15th at 4PM Mountain time. I will post a link to the reservation site here on milepoint.

Thank you all for your support -- and welcome!

ETA:

Registration Link

Where: Sheraton Meadowlands

When: Saturday, April 28th and Sunday April 29th with a cocktail reception on Friday the 27th.

What's Included: General session and lunch on both Saturday and Sunday, 9am-4pm.

Price: $99

Rooms: $129 a night, single or double occupancy

Friday Schedule

6PM Registration opens at the second level
630PM Welcome cocktail reception starts at the 2nd level sponsored by Milepoint.

Saturday Schedule:

9:00am - 915am: Welcome, Tommy Danielsen
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]9:15am - 10:30am: [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]Resolved: that Delta Skymiles Offer Superior Value. A[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]Debate Between Brian Kelly (Affirmative) and Gary Leff (Negative)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]Alternate session: Introduction to miles & points -[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]how to get started, Daraius Dubash[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]10:30am - 10:45am: Break[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]10:45am - 12:15pm: [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]Award Booking: Getting the Most for Your Miles, Gary Leff[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial](Brian Kelly and Steve Belkin comment)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]Alternate Session: Family Travel Made Easy,[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]tips from Mommy Points[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]12:15pm - 1:15pm: Lunch[/FONT][/SIZE]
1:15pm - 2:45pm: Credit Card: How the Banks Want to Send You Around the World in Business Class for Free, Seth Miller, [SIZE=4][FONT=arial]Daraius Dubash[/FONT][/SIZE] and Mommy Points

[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]Alternate Session: The End of Elite Status?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]Why You Shouldn't Care About Loyalty, Steve Belkin[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]2:45pm - 3:00pm: Break[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]3:00pm - 4:30pm: Mileage Confidential: Our Experts Each Share and Discuss[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]Tips That You Won't Find on the Forums (and that you agree not to post),[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]Steve/Gary/Daraius/Seth[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=arial]4:30pm - 4:45pm: Concluding Remarks, Randy Petersen[/FONT][/SIZE]

Sunday Program (subject to change)

9AM-945AM Randy Petersen --What the industry is doing and they don't want you to know

945-10AM Break

10AM United Airline's Carlos Faxas meets the Frequent Flyers -- The fun of merging two large frequent flyer programs. Q&A. Moderated by Randy Petersen and Gary Leff

1130AM Lunch

1PM-330PM The Ultimate Credit Card Showdown
(break 230-245PM)
Gary Leff, mommypoints, Steve Belkin, Deals We Like, Tommy Danielsen, [FONT=arial]Daraius Dubash and Seth Miller pitch their favourite credit cards.[/FONT]

Moderated by Randy Petersen

United Explorer vs. BA Visa (Mommy Points vs Gary)

Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Starwood American Express (Deals We Like vs
Steve)

Ink Bold vs. Alaska Visa (Daraius vs Gary)

American Express Preferred Rewards Gold vs. Capital One (Steve vs Tommy)

American Express Platinum vs. Ritz Carlton (Deals We Like vs Tommy)

Fidelity Amex 2% Cashback vs. Citi AA Mastercard (Seth vs Tommy)

At the end of the session, the Frequent Traveler University picks the most awesome credit card in the galaxy 2012.

Join us for the FIRST ever SkyTeam MegaDo in October 2018 www.megado.com

Posted : January 20, 2012 10:01 pm
TheTravelAbstract
(@thetravelabstract)
Silver

What about the Credit Card Snake Pit or Shark Cove?

Just like back in Uni, I look forward to the binge drinking more than the classes!

See ya there.

For the Best Travel Trips, Tricks and Tips Follow: The Travel Abstract (dot) com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2012 10:21 pm
tommy777
(@tommy777)
Admin

TheTravelAbstract, post: 1144642 wrote: What about the Credit Card Snake Pit or Shark Cove?

Just like back in Uni, I look forward to the binge drinking more than the classes!

See ya there.

That's a better description, but it was tough enough getting them to show up under the current name 😉

Join us for the FIRST ever SkyTeam MegaDo in October 2018 www.megado.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2012 10:34 pm
JosephMay
(@josephmay)

Sign me up!!! I'm in!

DL PM ; STE+. RIP. Platinum Carson Silver

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2012 11:00 pm
infamousdx
(@infamousdx)
Silver

Totally in for this one! Right in my back yard

the #hustle blog

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2012 11:03 pm
mommypoints
(@mommypoints)

I'm in. 😉

www.mommypoints.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2012 11:48 pm
katstarr
(@katstarr)

I'm PSYCHED!

Gold Diamond Platinum
Will Run For Miles~ A Prior2Boarding Blog Combining TRAVEL, FITNESS & RUNNING

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2012 12:06 am
gleff
(@gleff)
Admin

So not to be cliche' or anything, but Tommy has informed me that I'm required to share never before publicly disclosed tricks at this event. It'll be off-the-record, so you'll have to be there to hear it, but apparently nothing is off-limits in my talk... (Gee, thanks Tommy 😛 )

View from the Wing: everything you need to know about earning/redeeming miles & getting the most bang for your travel $$

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2012 1:54 am
Jimgotkp
(@jimgotkp)

Oh noes! It is on the same date as the Austin Food & Wine Festival! 😮

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2012 2:21 am
TAHKUCT
(@tahkuct)

I am interested, but do not know if will be able to attend yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2012 3:06 am
katstarr
(@katstarr)

Where was this held last year? Any idea where it'll be held this year?

Gold Diamond Platinum
Will Run For Miles~ A Prior2Boarding Blog Combining TRAVEL, FITNESS & RUNNING

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2012 10:35 am
canucklehead
(@canucklehead)

The event was at the Sheraton LaGuardia last year.

I am hoping to attend again, lots of fun!

Milepoint Kiva Lending Team - helping people around the world!

Oh yeah, and I like to travel.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2012 12:32 pm
LarryInNYC
(@larryinnyc)

canucklehead, post: 1145883 wrote: The event was at the Sheraton LaGuardia last year.

12 minutes from my house.

Is this event similar to the Chicago Seminars?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2012 12:36 pm
okrogius
(@okrogius)
Silver

Wish could be there - unfortunately already have a hawaii trip lined for that weekend.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2012 12:50 pm
dmel
 dmel
(@dmel)

canucklehead wrote: The event was at the Sheraton LaGuardia last year.

Do most NY locals stay at the hotel or just commute? I assume there is a registration fee, separate from any group rate at the hotel...

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

Get $10 off your first Uber ride using my referral code: zmg3g.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2012 12:56 pm
Page 1 / 56