Forum

Airports and Estima...
 
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Airports and Estimated Miles  

  RSS

MSYgirl
(@msygirl)
Joined: 7 years ago
Posts: 2411
October 14, 2013 2:53 am  

This may be a bit ambitious, but I would love to see a listing by US airport (or international) that shows the miles (EQMs) for each flight. Obviously these would consist of the longer EQM flights. This would be a beneficial tool in MR planning. Is there any interest? I could start compiling a list based on my home airport, and other users could do the same.

| Flight Diary |
The best things in life aren't things.


Quote
clscholes
(@clscholes)
Silver
Joined: 7 years ago
Posts: 710
October 14, 2013 2:57 am  

Would ITA be the best resource to start this?

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.


ReplyQuote
CDKing
(@cdking)
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 2943
October 14, 2013 3:27 am  

Seems like a lot of effort for very little gain. Besides routes come and go, it would be out of date in a week.

clscholes, post: 2182861, member: 135657 wrote: Would ITA be the best resource to start this?

gcmap.com for miles
On Wikpedia , each airport page lists airlines and their non-stop destinations, usually current

2013 EQM AS 39K - 15 segs | UA 78K - 50 segs
2012 EQM AS 40K - 16 segments | CO/UA 154K - 105 segments
#1 rule of a deal


ReplyQuote
BTReagle
(@btreagle)
Joined: 7 years ago
Posts: 1
November 3, 2013 1:24 pm  

MSYgirl, post: 2182856, member: 133422 wrote: This may be a bit ambitious, but I would love to see a listing by US airport (or international) that shows the miles (EQMs) for each flight. Obviously these would consist of the longer EQM flights. This would be a beneficial tool in MR planning. Is there any interest? I could start compiling a list based on my home airport, and other users could do the same.

Maybe not exactly what you were asking, but I found it helpful. You can input your airports and it will calculate the miles flown per location. (has other perks for delta flyers,but useful for all airlines)

http://fly.qux.us/smcalc/


ReplyQuote
kiwi
 kiwi
(@kiwi)
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 16875
November 4, 2013 4:46 am  

CDKing, post: 2182890, member: 6697 wrote: gcmap.com for miles
On Wikpedia , each airport page lists airlines and their non-stop destinations, usually current

www.gcmap.com is easy to use and close enough to the miles used by airlines (within a few miles)

milepoint Kiva team giving a hand up, not a handout / how Kiva works / wiki / join Kiva here

lifetime KE MCPC (ST E+) | OZ D+ (*A G) | QF G (OW S)
requalifying NZ E (*A G) | QF P (OW E) | SQ TPP (*A G)


ReplyQuote
FEV77
(@fev77)
Silver
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 100
November 4, 2013 12:21 pm  

MSYgirl, post: 2182856, member: 133422 wrote: This may be a bit ambitious, but I would love to see a listing by US airport (or international) that shows the miles (EQMs) for each flight. Obviously these would consist of the longer EQM flights. This would be a beneficial tool in MR planning. Is there any interest? I could start compiling a list based on my home airport, and other users could do the same.

I don't know of such a "tool". I've used the airline's route map. For example, AA's route map ( http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/whereWeFly/maps/world.jsp ) has a feature where you can search for destinations from a certain city and up pops a box with all such destinations. You can then sort those results by distance.


ReplyQuote
MSYgirl
(@msygirl)
Joined: 7 years ago
Posts: 2411
November 23, 2013 3:57 am  

FEV77, post: 2207402, member: 81793 wrote: I don't know of such a "tool". I've used the airline's route map. For example, AA's route map ( http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/whereWeFly/maps/world.jsp ) has a feature where you can search for destinations from a certain city and up pops a box with all such destinations. You can then sort those results by distance.

Thanks for this. I tried it out and while it's closely accurate, some of the distances listed don't match what has posted to my account. I'll make a list of posted miles and see how it goes.

| Flight Diary |
The best things in life aren't things.


ReplyQuote
bigx0
(@bigx0)
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 1280
November 23, 2013 4:07 am  

The "printed" (i.e. PDF) flight schedules often show this. For example, here's Delta's:
http://www.delta.com/content/dam/delta-www/pdfs/flight_schedules.pdf
Each destination from a given airport has its mileage listed, but of course if you have multiple stops you have to add them all up.


ReplyQuote