Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Official InsideFlyer Kiva Lounge Thread  

Page 370 / 375
  RSS
William JLP
(@william-jlp)

icurhere2, post: 2803853, member: 744 wrote: Some countries had disappeared before I started but here are ones I know are no longer offered:

Azerbaijan, Benin, Burundi, Chile, Iraq, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Puerto Rico (from Kiva Zip), Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and Suriname

Interesting. I had to look it up, and didn't realize my last Mongolian loan was in 2014.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2017 8:17 pm
icurhere2
(@icurhere2)

Uruguay (comparatively rare) loan up today -- caught it with Auto-Lending to get to 86 countries.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 13, 2017 4:43 pm
iolaire
(@iolaire)

icurhere2, post: 2804300, member: 744 wrote: Uruguay (comparatively rare) loan up today -- caught it with Auto-Lending to get to 86 countries.

Thanks, was going to add it but checked and I already have Uruguay so removed the loan.

Various trip reports related to traveling with dialysis and experiencing in center dialysis treatments at Traveling and in center hemodialysis

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 13, 2017 6:56 pm
milchap
(@milchap)

repayments tomorrow

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2017 9:12 am
icurhere2
(@icurhere2)

Blog Post about Kiva's new CEO. Forgot to post a few days ago ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2017 3:36 pm
iolaire
(@iolaire)

Kiva phishing emails
[MEDIA=twitter]938881110943117312[/MEDIA]

I just received it (my email provider marked it as spam, my corporate firewall marked the url as phishing...
subject: Important information about your account
Loans that change lives

Dear Kiva member.

We regret to inform you that we’re initiating the closure of your Kiva account because of certain activity that took place relating to your account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses.
Your right to appeal:
We always perform a thorough investigation before deciding to initiate the closure of an account. However, we appreciate that from time to time misunderstandings can happen. If you wish, you can appeal our decision. Just update your account know. You can do so by clicking here.

Various trip reports related to traveling with dialysis and experiencing in center dialysis treatments at Traveling and in center hemodialysis

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2017 2:23 pm
milchap
(@milchap)

iolaire, post: 2805627, member: 250 wrote: Kiva phishing emails
[MEDIA=twitter]938881110943117312[/MEDIA]

I just received it (my email provider marked it as spam, my corporate firewall marked the url as phishing...
subject: Important information about your account
Loans that change lives

Dear Kiva member.

We regret to inform you that we’re initiating the closure of your Kiva account because of certain activity that took place relating to your account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses.
Your right to appeal:
We always perform a thorough investigation before deciding to initiate the closure of an account. However, we appreciate that from time to time misunderstandings can happen. If you wish, you can appeal our decision. Just update your account know. You can do so by clicking here.

Thanks for the update

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 8, 2017 5:47 pm
William JLP
(@william-jlp)

I just noticed the same email in a spam folder of an account I have never used for Kiva. It almost looks real - I haven't had my gallon of coffee yet today - but there are too many things that give it away. Stay safe out there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 9, 2017 11:37 am
YULtide
(@yultide)

And in better news, credits are less than 12 hours away.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 16, 2017 11:44 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

William JLP, post: 2805677, member: 42050 wrote: Stay safe out there.

Practice safe techs. 😀

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 16, 2017 11:46 pm
iolaire
(@iolaire)

Today I broke 7k in loans! 1.52% default rate, 0.48% currency loss. First loan made Aug 15, 2006 7:13pm PDT.

I should qualify that number with $182k lent but $21.69k was refunded from expiring. I think they still count those loans. I actually stopped lending on expiring loans because so many that were almost funded still expired without being fully funded. Now I lend on short term loans and have less that expire.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 29, 2017 4:20 pm
milchap
(@milchap)

iolaire, post: 2806855, member: 250 wrote: Now I lend on short term loans and have less that expire.

Congratulations on the milestone
I too concentrate on short term loans.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 30, 2017 4:18 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

iolaire, post: 2806855, member: 250 wrote: Today I broke 7k in loans! 1.52% default rate, 0.48% currency loss. First loan made Aug 15, 2006 7:13pm PDT.

I should qualify that number with $182k lent but $21.69k was refunded from expiring. I think they still count those loans. I actually stopped lending on expiring loans because so many that were almost funded still expired without being fully funded. Now I lend on short term loans and have less that expire.

Congratulations on the milestone! That's a lot of good done in the world.

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2018 7:38 pm
YULtide
(@yultide)

Just two and a half days to credits!

Insert signature here

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2018 10:16 pm
MissBurrill
(@missburrill)

How is everyone?