Forum

Share:

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme  

Page 1 / 5
  RSS
pokerhammy
(@pokerhammy)
Silver

Loved our 3 night stay here last November. As a Diamond did not receive an upgrade from the reserved Park Queen room. The room (not counting the bathroom area) was possibly the smallest of all of the Hyatts I've stayed at, but the hotel was beautiful, the bed was big and comfortable, and the location was excellent. Service was attentive, with the exception of a slow surly server at brunch. Room service breakfast was fantastic - we felt so spoiled! Loved the JPH chocolates and wine as welcome amenities. Had a nice dinner at Pur, at €85 the delicious 4-course dinner was a steal. The concierge team was very responsive and at the top of their game. They were able to make a few cancellations for me and snatch a last seating at the chef's table at another restaurant (where we witnessed several hopeful diners got turned away). Truly impressed and would love to return again.






Quote
Posted : February 10, 2011 5:07 am
IMGone
(@imgone)
Silver

I see they have the attached shower/bath (or it looks like they do). I'm seeing this more often as a design in Andaz but also in Bangkok at the old Sofitel, now Grand Sukhumvit. It's interesting, but I'm not sure if I like it or not just yet. 🙂

Airlines Flown: RIP:
Alliance Affiliation:

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2011 1:14 am
FriendlySkies
(@friendlyskies)

Nice report ^ I'll be staying here in five weeks 🙂

AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Plat.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2011 3:23 am
RichardInSF
(@richardinsf)
Silver

IMGone, post: 24347 wrote: I see they have the attached shower/bath (or it looks like they do). I'm seeing this more often as a design in Andaz but also in Bangkok at the old Sofitel, now Grand Sukhumvit. It's interesting, but I'm not sure if I like it or not just yet. 🙂

I don't regard them as "attached" since there is that sheet of glass between them. More like adjacent.

Still this is a fine hotel, I enjoy staying here. Location is good too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2011 7:50 pm
theskyflyer
(@theskyflyer)
Silver

One of my favorite spots in Paris. Their breakfast is simply outstanding and I love having it in the room. Reliable internet service, comfortable bed, great toiletries (I know this one is rather subjective) and always great service experience for me. I've had room service dinner a couple of times and the food's always been delicious.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2011 6:45 am
FriendlySkies
(@friendlyskies)

As a Diamond at the Vendome, do you receive free breakfast?

AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Plat.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2011 6:49 am
theskyflyer
(@theskyflyer)
Silver

Yes, in-room breakfast or at Les Orchidees are complimentary for Diamond members. You still need to sign the bill, but it won't be presented to you upon check-out. They waive the value of American breakfast charge for 2 guests, but you are free to order anything on the menu (a la carte or breakfast package). If you add tip to the bill, that would be the only thing you need to settle when checking out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2011 9:09 am
MellyMel
(@mellymel)
Silver

Great post! My husband and I are staying here in 3 weeks, for our 10-year anniversary. We're both Diamond, so I'm hoping for an upgrade. We shall see.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2011 11:11 am
Steven Schwartz
(@steven-schwartz)

With a full year of nice trips planned, it will be very hard to maintain my Diamond status unless they have another double-stay promotion. So we used most of our points to reserve a suite at the PH Paris Vendome for five nights in December - figured we might as well go out in style!

Last trip there, we reserved two nights thru AMEX Centurion and paid for three nights in a suite with points - had to be done on two separate reservations. The Amex nights were upgraded to a massive suite - two full rooms, a fireplace and looking out on the Rue de la Paix. Got a call asking to come down after those nights were over. They told me that there would be construction and they would like to move me to a higher floor. I asked if it would be the same room type and they said no - they wanted to move me to the Junior Suite for the three nights on my points.

I asked what the construction hours would be and they said approx 10-4. I told them we would be out during those hours and would prefer, if possible, staying in the room we had. Didn't even blink and were as gracious as could be. I realize I lucked out and I certainly understood their motivation. But I was a gentleman and they were incredibly classy.

I love this hotel and I love Paris. It will be the first time we have gone there other than the summer so it should be an interesting experience.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2011 11:36 am
peter42
(@peter42)
Silver

The hotel is nice and during our stay the service is often very unfriendly. Starting with the bell staff who made clear that they though, that we do not stay there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2011 6:05 pm
RichardInSF
(@richardinsf)
Silver

peter42, post: 187600 wrote: The hotel is nice and during our stay the service is often very unfriendly. Starting with the bell staff who made clear that they though, that we do not stay there!

I definitely don't look like I belong in nice hotels, and the bell staff never treated me poorly, although I haven't had much interaction with them since I generally take my own wheelie.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2011 8:40 pm
Lalala
(@lalala)
Silver

RichardInSF, post: 188384 wrote: I definitely don't look like I belong in nice hotels, and the bell staff never treated me poorly, although I haven't had much interaction with them since I generally take my own wheelie.

We don't always look like we belong there, so we often enter from the Rue Volney entrance. When we enter from the front, they always try to remove TH's backpack, but they are getting better about not doing it. What I really want to do is get a pair of those wheelie sneakers and skate down the luggage ramp. That would be quite the entrance.

Life is too short not to squeak with your dog.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2011 10:06 pm
Lalala
(@lalala)
Silver

theskyflyer, post: 185723 wrote: One of my favorite spots in Paris. Their breakfast is simply outstanding and I love having it in the room. Reliable internet service, comfortable bed, great toiletries (I know this one is rather subjective) and always great service experience for me. I've had room service dinner a couple of times and the food's always been delicious.

I don't get why so many people think the breakfast is so outstanding. It is presented nicely, but it is a cold buffet, now featuring french donuts. I loved the first few years where they brought you that tiered server of pastries including tiny little pain au chocolats. These days I usually have tea in the lounge across from the restaurant and skip the buffet.

Life is too short not to squeak with your dog.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2011 10:08 pm
theskyflyer
(@theskyflyer)
Silver

As a Diamond, you are not limited to cold items for breakfast. You can order made-to-order hot dishes and those will still be comped, as well. And for me, their pastries are quite wonderful as well. Have your tried their kouign-amman? That's a little bundle of joy for me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2011 10:22 pm
Lalala
(@lalala)
Silver

theskyflyer, post: 188783 wrote: As a Diamond, you are not limited to cold items for breakfast. You can order made-to-order hot dishes and those will still be comped, as well. And for me, their pastries are quite wonderful as well. Have your tried their kouign-amman? That's a little bundle of joy for me.

I realize this, but I don't really want to wait around for a mediocre breakfast anywhere. I think I am the only person on earth who does not like kouign-amman. That leaves more for you.

Life is too short not to squeak with your dog.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2011 10:28 pm
Page 1 / 5