Forum

Which Airline would you fly starting Jan 1st? Poll is created on December 29, 2017 8:22 am

Poll results: Which Airline would you fly starting Jan 1st?
Voter(s): 19
Poll is created on December 29, 2017 8:22 am
Allegiant  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
American  -  votes: 5 / 26.3%
26.3%
Delta  -  votes: 4 / 21.1%
21.1%
Frontier  -  votes: 1 / 5.3%
5.3%
Jetblue  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
Southwest  -  votes: 3 / 15.8%
15.8%
Spirit  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
United  -  votes: 5 / 26.3%
26.3%
Alaska  -  votes: 1 / 5.3%
5.3%
Hawaiian  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%

2018 Thoughts Moving Forward  

RSS

PaulOnion
(@paulonion)
Helpful Contributor Silver
December 29, 2017 11:22 am  

Thought about posting something like this seeking other peoples thoughts about how to pursue the points and miles game in 2018.

But then, having considered what a convoluted mess this has all become, I would suspect that most people involved ( If any ) are pretty much flowing the direction that $ pushes them.

Still I'd be interested in hearing what folks think about the following question.

" If you had never set foot on an aircraft , or stayed a single night in a hotel or private property prior to January 1, 2018, Which program would you feel provides you ( not your corporate expense sheet, not your DNC sponsored travel pig ) YOU the most potential benefits moving forward? "

Because let's face it, Life's a gamble ... Nothing's guaranteed except Death and Lower Taxes under the current regime than the last.

Have a Happy New Year!

ReplyQuote
mattsteg
(@mattsteg)
December 29, 2017 11:02 pm  

Benefits? That would depend on how much flying you anticipate. In any case, routemap and price have always at minimum severely narrowed the field, and will continue to do so.

Also, if I had never flown or stayed in a hotel before...everything would be awesome.

Silver Gold Executive Platinum Classic Plus Exec Elite Platinum Gold Diamond

ReplyQuote
Dublin_rfk
(@dublin_rfk)
January 22, 2018 10:15 am  

How can anyanswer not be biased by our previous experiences?
That said looking at routes and flight availability from the airport nearest to me and my work and vacation destinations and possible benefits I would choose United.
Picking a hotel is actually harder. Both Hilton and Marriott (listed alphabetically) offer everything I look for in a hotel (and chain), worldwide coverage, a wide variety of classes of hotel from discount to outlandish luxury. Both are (mostly) reputable, customer friendly, and easy to gain status. If I had to choose one today and start at zero I would go with Hilton.

http://my.flightmemory.com/DublinRFK

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience? It comes from BAD Judgement."
Unique points in 2018: EWR, LAX, SIN, SFO, IAD, IND, ORD, SAT, PHL, RDU, FLL, GRB, CLT, MSN, GRR, SNA, MCI, CLE, SAN, IAH, FRA, CVG, NRT, LAS, ABQ,[SIZE=4"> PDX[/SIZE">

ReplyQuote
iolaire
(@iolaire)
January 22, 2018 12:12 pm  

Unless this is a business travel only survey there should be an option for whichever is cheapest or has the award availability I need....

Various trip reports related to traveling with dialysis and experiencing in center dialysis treatments at Traveling and in center hemodialysis

ReplyQuote
JoyfulTraveler
(@joyfultraveler)
New Member Silver
January 25, 2018 2:27 pm  

My loyalties are changing for this year. In the air: I gave up on United after flying 2 million miles with them. I switched to a much better airline, Delta, in every way except for the award program. I have found it very difficult or miles expensive to get the award travel that I want. Since I purchase first class, airline status does nothing for me on a trip - it is only useful for rewards. So now I will fly the best combination of route and price with no loyalty. Alaska Airlines with their new routes will now be my first look.

As for hotels I will stick with Marriott (convenience) and Hyatt (best overall rewards program). However, I have added Omni as my first go-to choice. They present the best combination of luxury and attention to elite guests.

ReplyQuote
rrobert
(@rrobert)
August 28, 2018 8:17 am  

It's interesting)

ReplyQuote
JaneJohnson
(@janejohnson)
September 11, 2018 6:28 pm  

Some of his airlines i even did not know(((

ReplyQuote