Forum

BlueBird and Vanill...
 
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

BlueBird and Vanilla Reload - Don't Understand  

Page 3 / 12
  RSS

Dad to GO
(@dad-to-go)
Silver
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 231
March 6, 2013 6:10 pm  

emtesenair, post: 1884215, member: 84732 wrote: True! Anyone have experience buying VRs with Amex Gold business cards? I've heard horror stories regarding financial reviews and have been very cautious so far, but that 10k spend is tough (especially 2)!

My wife got in on the 50K offer for $5000 spend. So far I've put $3000 of the $5000 needed using VR's from CVS. However I also have put about $1K on it with "real" spend. No issues yet. Did the same with my AMEX Platinum.

Check out my new blog Dad To GO and learn how you can Maximize your travel and Minimize your cost!


ReplyQuote
emtesenair
(@emtesenair)
Silver
Joined: 8 years ago
Posts: 73
March 6, 2013 6:17 pm  

Dad to GO, post: 1885003, member: 80550 wrote: My wife got in on the 50K offer for $5000 spend. So far I've put $3000 of the $5000 needed using VR's from CVS. However I also have put about $1K on it with "real" spend. No issues yet. Did the same with my AMEX Platinum.

Good to know. I've avoided buying VRs on AMEX charge cards all together and focused on buying/selling or AP when needed to supplement day-to-day spend. It might be time to change up my strategy to get this 10k finished up!


ReplyQuote
Traveling Momma
(@traveling-momma)
Silver
Joined: 8 years ago
Posts: 228
March 14, 2013 9:09 pm  

I just found a CVS in the suburbs that sold me 4 VR. I bought 2 with the pharmacy at the back of the store on one card and then another 2 with the clerk on the cash at the front of the store. A total of $2,000 in VR today. I'll do as you all suggest an mix in regular spending too.

Have Kids and Travel- On points and miles for free with a kid in tow.
2013/2014 trips - DC, Yosemite, Skiing Utah, Bangkok, Florida, Amalfi Coast 😎


ReplyQuote
Traveling Momma
(@traveling-momma)
Silver
Joined: 8 years ago
Posts: 228
April 3, 2013 8:36 pm  

Cdnblue, post: 1878089, member: 100248 wrote: I'll keep checking as you suggest. And, there are tonnes of other CVS's here downtown Chicago so I'll be on the hunt at all of them. Wish me luck and stay tuned.....

I finally found them at my local CVS. Turns out they had been "hidden" behind merchandise in the store. The only way I found them was to have the manager check his online inventory. It showed 49 in stock but none of the shelves. I asked him if perhaps they had been "misplaced" somewhere. They searched for a week and found them. Me thinks there is another Mile Collector in my areas afraid someone might buy them all.........:rolleyes: Now that I know this when I go to check the other countless CVS stores downtown Chicago, I'll find them if they're there!

Blue

Have Kids and Travel- On points and miles for free with a kid in tow.
2013/2014 trips - DC, Yosemite, Skiing Utah, Bangkok, Florida, Amalfi Coast 😎


ReplyQuote
TravelBear
(@travelbear)
Joined: 8 years ago
Posts: 1045
April 3, 2013 10:03 pm  

Cdnblue, post: 1914681, member: 100248 wrote: I finally found them at my local CVS. Turns out they had been "hidden" behind merchandise in the store. The only way I found them was to have the manager check his online inventory. It showed 49 in stock but none of the shelves. I asked him if perhaps they had been "misplaced" somewhere. They searched for a week and found them. Me thinks there is another Mile Collector in my areas afraid someone might buy them all.........:rolleyes: Now that I know this when I go to check the other countless CVS stores downtown Chicago, I'll find them if they're there!

Blue

🙁
but
😀 for you!

Something witty will eventually occupy this space. Give me time.

Silver


ReplyQuote
autolycus
(@autolycus)
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 2138
April 3, 2013 10:17 pm  

Cdnblue, post: 1914681, member: 100248 wrote: I finally found them at my local CVS. Turns out they had been "hidden" behind merchandise in the store. The only way I found them was to have the manager check his online inventory. It showed 49 in stock but none of the shelves. I asked him if perhaps they had been "misplaced" somewhere. They searched for a week and found them. Me thinks there is another Mile Collector in my areas afraid someone might buy them all.........:rolleyes: Now that I know this when I go to check the other countless CVS stores downtown Chicago, I'll find them if they're there!

Blue

That type of behavior is really stupid and childish. It's a great way to waste lots of people's time so you can earn a few extra miles yourself.


ReplyQuote
edekba
(@edekba)
Joined: 8 years ago
Posts: 3474
April 3, 2013 10:40 pm  

autolycus, post: 1914775, member: 46618 wrote: That type of behavior is really stupid and childish. It's a great way to waste lots of people's time so you can earn a few extra miles yourself.

I posted somewhere else, but I met a few ppl who admitted to taking home VR unpaid and then coming in another day to pay for them & activate them. They didn't seem bothered by the fact that they're 1) stealing 2) stupid 3) selfish 4) etc

flightdiary


ReplyQuote
paladin87
(@paladin87)
Silver
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 533
April 4, 2013 12:22 am  

edekba, post: 1914790, member: 83779 wrote: I posted somewhere else, but I met a few ppl who admitted to taking home VR unpaid and then coming in another day to pay for them & activate them. They didn't seem bothered by the fact that they're 1) stealing 2) stupid 3) selfish 4) etc

Well, it is definitely 2 and 3...but 1 it isn't.


ReplyQuote
HaveMilesWillTravel
(@havemileswilltravel)
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 12802
April 4, 2013 1:27 am  

paladin87, post: 1914857, member: 10759 wrote: Well, it is definitely 2 and 3...but 1 it isn't.

Sure it is. It's an item the store is selling for $3.95. If you take it out of the store without paying, the store cannot sell it. And even if you want to argue that it's not the price, it's a piece of plastic that is owned by the store. You don't get to decide that it has no value to the owner and thus you're allowed to take it away.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do I will certainly NOT drink Bud Light.


ReplyQuote
Muerl
(@muerl)
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 1255
April 4, 2013 3:24 am  

HaveMilesWillTravel, post: 1914889, member: 648 wrote: Sure it is. It's an item the store is selling for $3.95. If you take it out of the store without paying, the store cannot sell it. And even if you want to argue that it's not the price, it's a piece of plastic that is owned by the store. You don't get to decide that it has no value to the owner and thus you're allowed to take it away.

Additionally, it must inherently have value, hence why else would you take it.


ReplyQuote
boondr
(@boondr)
Joined: 8 years ago
Posts: 1286
April 4, 2013 5:36 pm  

Never had a shortage in my area with OD before or with CVS now, there must be 50+ constantly in each at all three CVS's within 5 min drive of my house. (Might regret advertising this but WTF)


ReplyQuote
autolycus
(@autolycus)
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 2138
April 4, 2013 6:14 pm  

boondr, post: 1915429, member: 87294 wrote: Never had a shortage in my area with OD before or with CVS now, there must be 50+ constantly in each at all three CVS's within 5 min drive of my house. (Might regret advertising this but WTF)

Considering we don't know where you live, I'm sure you're fine. Unless you're a strong believer in jinxes...

Of the 4-5 locations I have tried in the greater-ATL area, 1 location has them on the proper shelf less often than not, 2 locations have had at least a few of them every time I've been there, and 1 location always has them in huge numbers but I am now staying away from there due to the funds being taken off by someone else within 5-10 minutes of me buying the VR. And InComm still hasn't responded to my dispute after 3 1/2 weeks.


ReplyQuote
paladin87
(@paladin87)
Silver
Joined: 10 years ago
Posts: 533
April 4, 2013 6:18 pm  

HaveMilesWillTravel, post: 1914889, member: 648 wrote: Sure it is. It's an item the store is selling for $3.95. If you take it out of the store without paying, the store cannot sell it. And even if you want to argue that it's not the price, it's a piece of plastic that is owned by the store. You don't get to decide that it has no value to the owner and thus you're allowed to take it away.

Well, I would argue that generally you must have intent to permanently deprive the owner of their property, and lord knows it could be easily shown that you intended to pay for them 🙂


ReplyQuote
autolycus
(@autolycus)
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 2138
April 4, 2013 7:11 pm  

paladin87, post: 1915466, member: 10759 wrote: Well, I would argue that generally you must have intent to permanently deprive the owner of their property, and lord knows it could be easily shown that you intended to pay for them 🙂

Depends heavily upon the particular state. I know of at least a few states that have criminal statutes that include "temporary theft" or similar concepts within the definition of standard theft or larceny--often times these were codified to expressly criminalize "joyriding" in someone else's car, but were drafted broadly enough to cover any sort of unauthorized "borrowing". Federal theft statutes tend to have jury instructions that are broad enough to include temporary deprivation of property.


ReplyQuote
kadence
(@kadence)
Silver
Joined: 9 years ago
Posts: 89
April 4, 2013 7:34 pm  

boondr, post: 1915429, member: 87294 wrote: Never had a shortage in my area with OD before or with CVS now, there must be 50+ constantly in each at all three CVS's within 5 min drive of my house. (Might regret advertising this but WTF)

Won't you be my neighbor?


ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 12