Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Emirates fits extra 98 seats into the Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger plane  

RSS
uggboy
(@uggboy)

Emirates fits extra 98 seats into the Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger plane

Emirates has found a way to fit 98 extra seats into its new Airbus A380-800 planes: by doing away with first class.

The Airbus 380 is already the world’s largest passenger plane. But with no first class seats, a smaller business class and an extra 130 seats in economy, Emirates has managed to fit in even more passengers without losing any legroom in cattle class.

Posted : November 13, 2015 1:30 pm
anileze
(@anileze)

Soft demand for first?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2015 5:22 am
GenevaFlyer
(@genevaflyer)

Just a recognition that not all markets generate enough demand for first class, or even large business classes:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/emirates-debuts-the-worlds-most-passenger-packed-airbus-a380

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”Henry Miller

Join the InsideFlyer KIVA team today!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2015 6:48 am
ACMM
 ACMM
(@acmm)

Just nuts. Have never been a fan of the A380.

[Sent from my Tapatalk enabled IPhone]

ACMM at your service! I am an Elite and Million Mile member and [B">HH Diamond[/B">

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2015 11:16 am
HaveMilesWillTravel
(@havemileswilltravel)

GenevaFlyer, post: 2688775, member: 2832 wrote: Just a recognition that not all markets generate enough demand for first class, or even large business classes

Right. Given the number of A380s that Emirates has ordered or purchased, this is not surprising. It's bound to be mass transportation on many routes.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do I will certainly NOT drink Bud Light.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2015 10:17 pm
uggboy
(@uggboy)

anileze, post: 2688768, member: 133336 wrote: Soft demand for first?

Looks this way, otherwise they would offer first class.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2015 10:34 pm
anileze
(@anileze)

A big bus in the true sense of the word 🙂 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2015 11:26 am
Dublin_rfk
(@dublin_rfk)

ACMM, post: 2688792, member: 520 wrote: Just nuts. Have never been a fan of the A380.

And with this mod I'm much less likely to get my first flug on one anytime soon.
Dec. flug choices in 'E' 787-9 or A380 787-9 wins!

http://my.flightmemory.com/DublinRFK

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience? It comes from BAD Judgement."
Unique points in 2018: EWR, LAX, SIN, SFO, IAD, IND, ORD, SAT, PHL, RDU, FLL, GRB, CLT, MSN, GRR, SNA, MCI, CLE, SAN, IAH, FRA, CVG, NRT, LAS, ABQ,[SIZE=4"> PDX[/SIZE">

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2015 12:04 pm
Dublin_rfk
(@dublin_rfk)

HaveMilesWillTravel, post: 2688929, member: 648 wrote: Right. Given the number of A380s that Emirates has ordered or purchased, this is not surprising. It's bound to be mass transportation on many routes.

Not everyone going on hajj walks.

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience? It comes from BAD Judgement."
Unique points in 2018: EWR, LAX, SIN, SFO, IAD, IND, ORD, SAT, PHL, RDU, FLL, GRB, CLT, MSN, GRR, SNA, MCI, CLE, SAN, IAH, FRA, CVG, NRT, LAS, ABQ,[SIZE=4"> PDX[/SIZE">

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2015 12:06 pm
HaveMilesWillTravel
(@havemileswilltravel)

Dublin_rfk, post: 2689018, member: 18572 wrote: And with this mod I'm much less likely to get my first flug on one anytime soon.

Shrug. The actual seat and the space allotted to it is a much greater factor to me in choosing a particular aircraft than how many of them are in that airframe. Otherwise the CR2 would be one of my favorite planes.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do I will certainly NOT drink Bud Light.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2015 12:49 pm
ACMM
 ACMM
(@acmm)

Dublin_rfk, post: 2689018, member: 18572 wrote: And with this mod I'm much less likely to get my first flug on one anytime soon.

Excellent choice!

ACMM at your service! I am an Elite and Million Mile member and [B">HH Diamond[/B">

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2015 12:55 pm
Dublin_rfk
(@dublin_rfk)

HaveMilesWillTravel, post: 2689024, member: 648 wrote: Shrug. The actual seat and the space allotted to it is a much greater factor to me in choosing a particular aircraft than how many of them are in that airframe. Otherwise the CR2 would be one of my favorite planes.

True about actual seat space. I also factor in FA's to seats and let us not forget the accurately named 'cattle call' on boarding and deplaneing! Also the relatively few flughafens that can support the 380

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2015 2:27 pm
anileze
(@anileze)

If one is seated in the back, by the time you get off this big bus, your hairs have turned grey 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2015 3:01 pm
ACMM
 ACMM
(@acmm)

Grecian formula!! [emoji13]

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2015 8:01 pm