Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

MP is no longer a toddler.... 4 years old  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
jbcarioca
(@jbcarioca)

Gargoyle, post: 2547455, member: 66 wrote: Appropriately enough, we do tend to be a somewhat randy group.

Ahem...one cannot help but concur when one recalls the comportment of some members during various DO's. Randy himself should not be so denigrated, for he is a dignified and refined personage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2015 1:35 pm
MSPeconomist
(@mspeconomist)

jbcarioca, post: 2547426, member: 4208 wrote: All of you early adopters are already aged. I, a slow adopter, will only have four near the end of this month. Anyway, despite all the "bad jokes and puns", despite all the ridiculous games we all played to get activity building during the earliest days, I'm really happy to be part of this group. Congratulations to us all, most particularly to randy and the other Founders.

I have fond memories of a snowy weekend spent with dancing chimps, with one chimp(y) in particular trying to see whether we could break MP for amusement. We really put the beta version through its paces while getting to know each other.

DL DM (charter) 1.7+MM, A3 *A Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Diamond (new from SMD3), LHW LC Access, Raffles Ambassador, ICI (Imperial Club International), Hertz #1 Gold, dirt with Hilton (former Gold), Omni, Loews, CO/UA, AA, etc., former NW PE ~1.3MM, TWA ~1.4MM

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2015 4:57 pm
ACMM
 ACMM
(@acmm)

Very true. Good memories of the early days.

[Sent from my Tapatalk enabled iPhone6]

ACMM at your service! I am an Elite and Million Mile member and [B">HH Diamond[/B">

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2015 5:50 pm
jbcarioca
(@jbcarioca)

MSPeconomist, post: 2547607, member: 3132 wrote: I have fond memories of a snowy weekend spent with dancing chimps, with one chimp(y) in particular trying to see whether we could break MP for amusement. We really put the beta version through its paces while getting to know each other.

ACMM, post: 2547630, member: 520 wrote: Very true. Good memories of the early days.

[Sent from my Tapatalk enabled iPhone6]

Entertaining isn't it that we three would probably never have met each other but for MP and our collective efforts to promote this effort? Four years has passed very quickly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2015 11:03 am
ACMM
 ACMM
(@acmm)

jbcarioca, post: 2549164, member: 4208 wrote: Entertaining isn't it that we three would probably never have met each other but for MP and our collective efforts to promote this effort? Four years has passed very quickly.

Sadly I often wonder if the effort was for naught.

[Tapatalk allowing me to poast from parts unknown]

ACMM at your service! I am an Elite and Million Mile member and [B">HH Diamond[/B">

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2015 11:07 am
milchap
(@milchap)

I have fond memories of the energy radiating from the early days of the Kiva lending team. The two DOs in SFO cemented some friendships. 😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2015 11:20 am
ACMM
 ACMM
(@acmm)

What happened to the intense energy in the Kiva thread? That too, sadly, seems to have waned.

[Tapatalk allowing me to poast from parts unknown]

ACMM at your service! I am an Elite and Million Mile member and [B">HH Diamond[/B">

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2015 11:55 am
jbcarioca
(@jbcarioca)

milchap, post: 2549176, member: 444 wrote: I have fond memories of the energy radiating from the early days of the Kiva lending team. The two DOs in SFO cemented some friendships. 😎

ACMM, post: 2549186, member: 520 wrote: What happened to the intense energy in the Kiva thread? That too, sadly, seems to have waned.

From my personal perspective the Kiva memories milchap recalls were certainly a major factor for me too. The diminishment of that energy seems possibly related to a certain lessening of emotional attachment overall, perhaps itself in part a function of maturity. Speaking only for myself a confluence of unfulfilled expectations played a major role in my own lessening of involvement. perhaps my expectations were unrealistic, I suspect they were. The last SMD also was a disappointment for me, but i'll be first to admit that my expectations probably were unrealistic anyway. Anyway I wonder if we can rekindle some of that excitement and passion while taking a somewhat less unrealistic view of the possible? Maybe that is just for me, I do not know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2015 1:48 pm
canucklehead
(@canucklehead)

Happy Birthday to Milepoint, Congrats to Randy for building this community and to all the posters that make it happen. Bigger things are still to come, I am sure! 😉

jbcarioca, post: 2549229, member: 4208 wrote: From my personal perspective the Kiva memories milchap recalls were certainly a major factor for me too. The diminishment of that energy seems possibly related to a certain lessening of emotional attachment overall, perhaps itself in part a function of maturity. Speaking only for myself a confluence of unfulfilled expectations played a major role in my own lessening of involvement. perhaps my expectations were unrealistic, I suspect they were. The last SMD also was a disappointment for me, but i'll be first to admit that my expectations probably were unrealistic anyway. Anyway I wonder if we can rekindle some of that excitement and passion while taking a somewhat less unrealistic view of the possible? Maybe that is just for me, I do not know.

I know for me and some others, personal and professional things have diverted attention from the Kiva forums and other posting. From the last Kiva event, the organization itself benefitted from initiation of a business travel program that will hopefully reap a dividend from their extensive travel. Icurhere2 took the lead and I can tell you they have been diligently crediting their flights to their business account. Hopefully in the near future, one or more airlines will help their efforts through a mileage donation program (another effort we have speareheaded for them.) I think that is generally the ebb and flow of anything but lets hope there is renewed energy, as yes, as milchap mentioned, friendships were formed from Kiva and exist to this day! That is not to say it is not active as lending is still strong for the team and at local meetups, Kiva and lending are big topics of discussion. We are closing in on $10M (my guess is sometime in mid-April) so we hope to have an announcement about that soon.

Milepoint Kiva Lending Team - helping people around the world!

Oh yeah, and I like to travel.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2015 2:02 pm
milchap
(@milchap)

Perhaps it is time for a mega Kiva Do bringing together players from different teams.
I wonder if there is any interest from the Kiva leadership in SFO.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2015 3:27 pm
Page 2 / 2