Forum

Share:

2015 Austin Mega DO :: February 26 - March 1  

Page 3 / 4
  RSS
cocobird
(@cocobird)

I'm coming to my first Austin Do. I am not planning on renting a car (believe me, you should breathe a sigh of relief that I'm not driving), so am wondering whether someone has room in their car and would be willing to let me ride with them (I have money ;)). Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2015 1:41 am
ParanoiaTX
(@paranoiatx)

That brings up a good point.

We highly encourage attendees to carpool as much as possible. Some venues have limited spots and parking downtown is rarely free. Plus, it means less people have to hold back on the...beverages. 😉

But in a pinch we do have Uber, Lyft, car2go and of course taxis.

[SPOILER=Airports][/SPOILER]1KGold EXP Emerald Diamond Diamond Gold
Gold Plat Concierge

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2015 12:57 am
Biggles209
(@biggles209)
Silver

We (2) will be staying at the Hyatt Regency near the Congress Avenue Bridge.

We'll probably use Uber, most of the time, if it is too far to walk (but, given decent weather and enough time, we will walk several miles quite happily).

If anyone is interested in sharing Uber, please let me know.

UA 1K 1.8MM; AS; GP D; HH D

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2015 3:30 pm
kellio
(@kellio)

I'm staying at the IC and am not renting a car. I'm up for car/uber/taxi sharing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2015 1:25 am
davef139
(@davef139)

How limited was the Sat dinner vs registrees? I was thinking of coming in for Saturday fun and curious if anyone will even be around that evening or all at dinner.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 21, 2015 11:06 pm
Mackieman
(@mackieman)

davef139, post: 2558951, member: 42227 wrote: How limited was the Sat dinner vs registrees? I was thinking of coming in for Saturday fun and curious if anyone will even be around that evening or all at dinner.

Not terribly. Still, there are likely to be at least a few folks around who are not having dinner at Stiles Switch. You're welcome to come to the pub crawl and after dinner activities.

FlightMemory :: Hotel Stays :: Waffle House Memory
- 1K - Platinum - Detector - General Member - Posting Unit 9
2017 EQL/EQD: 3/1

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 22, 2015 1:03 am
Mackieman
(@mackieman)

Less than a week to go! Final updates and reminders posted over at the website so make sure you're up to date on all the details. The weather is still a big question mark at this point so be sure to watch the forecast closely as the week progresses.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 22, 2015 1:04 am
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

This may sound like blasphemy, but since I'll be missing Stiles Switch, I'm considering skipping the Saturday afternoon pub crawl in favor of BBQ somewhere. If that somewhere happens to be Lockhart, I'll rent a car and be happy to take folks along. It'll be a bit late for BBQ after Hecklevision gets done, and I reserve the right to get lazy and stay in AUS. Anyone?

I don't have much to say, but you can usually find me saying it here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2015 1:57 am
jetsetr
(@jetsetr)

I'm sorry, Pizza, the rest of us were all busy drinking. What were you saying? 😉

Lifetime 1K EXP Diamond Gold Gold
23F9C22C 19C

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2015 2:39 am
Mackieman
(@mackieman)

Pizzaman, post: 2560518, member: 24 wrote: This may sound like blasphemy, but since I'll be missing Stiles Switch, I'm considering skipping the Saturday afternoon pub crawl in favor of BBQ somewhere. If that somewhere happens to be Lockhart, I'll rent a car and be happy to take folks along. It'll be a bit late for BBQ after Hecklevision gets done, and I reserve the right to get lazy and stay in AUS. Anyone?

If I wasn't, you know, hosting, I'd totally do this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2015 3:41 am
ParanoiaTX
(@paranoiatx)

Pizzaman, post: 2560518, member: 24 wrote: This may sound like blasphemy, but since I'll be missing Stiles Switch, I'm considering skipping the Saturday afternoon pub crawl in favor of BBQ somewhere. If that somewhere happens to be Lockhart, I'll rent a car and be happy to take folks along. It'll be a bit late for BBQ after Hecklevision gets done, and I reserve the right to get lazy and stay in AUS. Anyone?

Or just swing by Stiles early? They should be open all day.

Gold Plat Concierge

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2015 4:58 am
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

jetsetr, post: 2560532, member: 1195 wrote: I'm sorry, Pizza, the rest of us were all busy drinking. What were you saying? 😉

Lush.

Mackieman, post: 2560573, member: 30 wrote: If I wasn't, you know, hosting, I'd totally do this.

Sissy.

ParanoiaTX, post: 2560689, member: 647 wrote: Or just swing by Stiles early? They should be open all day.

I was going to leave Stiles for Mrs. Pizza to review. Oh, [USER=62958]@perryplatypus[/USER] …...

I don't have much to say, but you can usually find me saying it here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2015 11:59 am
iolaire
(@iolaire)

Had Susan and I been attending this year we would have joined you in a heartbeat. The bus trip out to Lockhart a few years ago still is a highlight of our BBQ experience, on par with the former annual dinners at Franklins...

Various trip reports related to traveling with dialysis and experiencing in center dialysis treatments at Traveling and in center hemodialysis

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2015 12:43 pm
ParanoiaTX
(@paranoiatx)

iolaire, post: 2560897, member: 250 wrote: Had Susan and I been attending this year we would have joined you in a heartbeat. The bus trip out to Lockhart a few years ago still is a highlight of our BBQ experience, on par with the former annual dinners at Franklins...

So you're saying a future AusMegaDO needs to bring back the BBQ roadtrip...Noted.

Please tell me your absence this year is purely schedule-related and not due to the BBQ dinner choice?

Gold Plat Concierge

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2015 6:43 pm
iolaire
(@iolaire)

ParanoiaTX, post: 2561107, member: 647 wrote: Please tell me your absence this year is purely schedule-related and not due to the BBQ dinner choice?

We know what we are getting with Franklins and that exclusive experience guaranteed our attendance for the past two years. So yes I think our choice was driven by the BBQ dinner venue change. We are staying home and taking it easy rather than attending. But I don't see us skipping as a bad thing since it opened up two historically sold out spots for new attendees. That dinner really was the top driver of our ongoing attendance, the other events are secondary to the BBQ, but help make it a full weekend. And that is not to say that your choice for dinner this year will not be just as good or better, just its an unknown to us.

Various trip reports related to traveling with dialysis and experiencing in center dialysis treatments at Traveling and in center hemodialysis

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2015 7:51 pm
Page 3 / 4