Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Redesigned Admirals Club Webpage  

  RSS
DestinationDavid
(@destinationdavid)

Looks like AA has made some design changes to their Admirals Club webpage: LINK.

The most interesting upgrade, IMHO, is the lounge access tool that is now imbedded in the "Locations" tab. Also, the addition of partner lounges with reciprocal access like QF and AS, and location specific access for AY, JL, and CX.

Maybe we will see upgrades to the lounge food and beverage soon, too? Maybe that's wishful thinking.... 😀

ORD To Anywhere - Oneworld and AA news with a few trip reports, hotel reviews, and general travel stories thrown in for good measure.

Quote
Posted : March 16, 2012 9:03 pm
stuartfla
(@stuartfla)
Silver

DestinationDavid, post: 1285161, member: 1190 wrote:
The most interesting upgrade, IMHO, is the lounge access tool that is now imbedded in the "Locations" tab. Also, the addition of partner lounges with reciprocal access like QF and AS, and location specific access for AY, JL, and CX.

Maybe we will see upgrades to the lounge food and beverage soon, too? Maybe that's wishful thinking.... 😀

That is interesting...in particular the image and description that shower suites have amenity kits provided and shows a photo of a fret bathrobe, loofa sponge and extra towels... http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/airportAmenities/AdmiralsRefresh.jsp
which I have never encountered in any of the AC shower suites or LHR arrivals lounge. Maybe there will truly be some upgrades coming!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2012 11:51 pm
perryplatypus
(@perryplatypus)

DestinationDavid, post: 1285161, member: 1190 wrote: Looks like AA has made some design changes to their Admirals Club webpage: LINK.

The most interesting upgrade, IMHO, is the lounge access tool that is now imbedded in the "Locations" tab. Also, the addition of partner lounges with reciprocal access like QF and AS, and location specific access for AY, JL, and CX.

Maybe we will see upgrades to the lounge food and beverage soon, too? Maybe that's wishful thinking.... 😀

Any food change has to be better then mini muffins, apples, cookie and pub mix.

Executive PlatypusEmerald Plat Gold Plat

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2012 1:50 am
TRYING2BPLAT
(@trying2bplat)
Silver

I think this is just all promo picture bec I didnt see any dermatologia brand at Ord nor lax but it would be nice if all those are actually present

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2012 2:27 am
zphelj
(@zphelj)

A nice update. The site is more usable now.

AA Plat, Global Entry, TSA-Pre, Kiva, Zidisha, OWMD2012 & MP Premium!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2012 4:14 am
wrxmom
(@wrxmom)

TRYING2BPLAT wrote: I think this is just all promo picture bec I didnt see any dermatologia brand at Ord nor lax but it would be nice if all those are actually present

Fine print said "shower suites", maybe they only mean the "fancy" showers like at DFW with all the body sprays?

EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,
www.travelingwellforless.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2012 6:01 am
Counsellor
(@counsellor)

Concerning complimentary drinks, the site says:

Have a drink on us! Well drinks, house wines and beer are now complimentary in all Admirals Club domestic U.S. lounge locations. Customers visiting an international Admirals Club location will continue to enjoy complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as they do today.

Are the operative words "a drink"? The last few times I've been in an Admirals Club (domestic locations, traveling internationally) they gave me a chit at the door for one (count them, one) drink.

Has this changed (as with United's clubs and European carriers), or is it truly "one free, the rest not"?

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2012 4:54 pm
DestinationDavid
(@destinationdavid)

Counsellor, post: 1286376, member: 858 wrote: Concerning complimentary drinks, the site says:
Are the operative words "a drink"? The last few times I've been in an Admirals Club (domestic locations, traveling internationally) they gave me a chit at the door for one (count them, one) drink.

Has this changed (as with United's clubs and European carriers), or is it truly "one free, the rest not"?

Your chit is for a premium drink. As your quoted section states - well drinks, house wines, and house beers are still complimentary.

ORD To Anywhere - Oneworld and AA news with a few trip reports, hotel reviews, and general travel stories thrown in for good measure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2012 5:15 pm
mowogo
(@mowogo)

DestinationDavid, post: 1286397, member: 1190 wrote: Your chit is for a premium drink. As your quoted section states - well drinks, house wines, and house beers are still complimentary.

which in my experience, many of the domestic clubs offer complete swill for their house wine, so that does not count as much of a benefit 😉

(exit row seat)|11C

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2012 9:28 pm
Counsellor
(@counsellor)

DestinationDavid, post: 1286397, member: 1190 wrote: Your chit is for a premium drink. As your quoted section states - well drinks, house wines, and house beers are still complimentary.

Thanks for the clarification. The chit wasn't so specific and seemed to refer to *any* adult beverage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2012 4:45 pm
DestinationDavid
(@destinationdavid)

Counsellor, post: 1288109, member: 858 wrote: Thanks for the clarification. The chit wasn't so specific and seemed to refer to *any* adult beverage.

They probably could do better. I tend to give mine away since I am a non-drinker. I haven't even read the language on them in years. 🙂

ORD To Anywhere - Oneworld and AA news with a few trip reports, hotel reviews, and general travel stories thrown in for good measure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2012 4:52 pm
wrxmom
(@wrxmom)

DestinationDavid, post: 1288120, member: 1190 wrote: They probably could do better. I tend to give mine away since I am a non-drinker. I haven't even read the language on them in years. 🙂

Since you don't drink, you can also use the drink chits for the Naked Juice smoothies.

EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,
www.travelingwellforless.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 19, 2012 3:27 pm
wrxmom
(@wrxmom)

Oh and bottled water. 🙂

EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,
www.travelingwellforless.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 19, 2012 3:28 pm
schnitzel
(@schnitzel)

wrxmom, post: 1289569, member: 57023 wrote: Since you don't drink, you can also use the drink chits for the Naked Juice smoothies.

wrxmom, post: 1289570, member: 57023 wrote: Oh and bottled water. 🙂

Both great options - thanks! Taking a bottle of water on to the plane in coach is always nice, and they're insanely expensive after security.

AA, SPG, United, Delta, and Hilton are my main programs. I also go for MR and UR points.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 19, 2012 5:37 pm
worldwidedreamer
(@worldwidedreamer)
Silver

schnitzel, post: 1289735, member: 284 wrote: Both great options - thanks! Taking a bottle of water on to the plane in coach is always nice, and they're insanely expensive after security.

For years I've travelled with a Sigg water bottle. It is indestructible, better for the environment than disposable plastic and might contain fewer bad chemicals.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 30, 2012 12:50 pm